Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Beginner's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beginner's Forum For people who are new to any part of this sport you may ask your questions here without fear of being flamed.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:15 AM

Default which lab test for blood work?

Usually I go to my doctor twice a year but want to run blood tests in between and insurance wont cover it. Going to LabCorp on my own; there's a ton of tests, do I order the routine clinical labwork to get full lipid HDL/LDL total cholesterol and liver and kidney function tested? Customer service had no clue...any advice would be appreciated
Old 06-04-2017, 12:29 AM

Go to privatemdlabs the hormone panel with lipids would be a good choice
It's $99 and they usually have a 15% off promo

The test includes
Estradiol, serum;
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)
Lipid Profile: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).

Bodybuilding is strength and suffering, beauty and savagery, freedom and chains, all at the same time. Praise any man who chooses to pursue this life and walk it the way it's supposed to be walked. If you’re not in for the kill and lack the strength and commitment, then just walk away...

*Disclaimer: Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only*
Old 06-04-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmonster View Post
Usually I go to my doctor twice a year but want to run blood tests in between and insurance wont cover it. Going to LabCorp on my own; there's a ton of tests, do I order the routine clinical labwork to get full lipid HDL/LDL total cholesterol and liver and kidney function tested? Customer service had no clue...any advice would be appreciated
Lifeextension.com (look for lab testing section)
Old 07-20-2017, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumped21 View Post

The test includes
Estradiol, serum;
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
Testosterone, Serum (Total Only);
Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: (Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): (A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.)
Lipid Profile: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).
Great info! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumped21 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be taking note of this.