Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > HGH, IGF and Insulin Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

HGH, IGF and Insulin Forum Discuss HGH and its effects on the human body.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:21 PM

Default berberine

How are you guys using this? I thought about using it on refeed days or a cheat meal
Old 08-21-2018, 06:23 PM

Yes I use it religiously. My insulin resistance get really bad in hgh and high carb diet. Product like glycolog and matador work great
Old 10-31-2018, 06:17 AM

What are the doses and frequency you guys are taking it to lower bg?
Old 01-14-2019, 12:37 AM

I just take 500mg twice a day with a carb meal...
Old 01-16-2019, 10:59 PM

This is for insulin sensitivity? Is it inj or a pill?
Old 01-18-2019, 11:46 AM

Why donít you guys use metformin? Iíve been on it for the past year and wouldnít go without it now. It is a game changer!
Old 01-18-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Why donít you guys use metformin? Iíve been on it for the past year and wouldnít go without it now. It is a game changer!
What's your protocol with Metformin? Any sides?
Old 01-18-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwill67 View Post
What's your protocol with Metformin? Any sides?
I take 500mg three times per day with meals. On the weekends I refeed and take 1000mg with the really carb heavy meals up to 2500mg for the day. The first week you WILL have diarrhea and this is where a lot of guys fall off because of it. Once you get past that first week, it’s all good. I know my buddy started 500 once per day for a full week, then bumped to twice per day, and is now at the 1500mg and never experienced any stomach distress but he’s the exception.

Also, the good side effects and benefits far outweigh the diarrhea. Helps lower lipids, may help with BP (I take losartan so I don’t know for sure), and a whole bunch of other stuff. The life extensionist community has been using it for years. I notice I can have the same caloric intake as I’ve always had without any change to exercise, and I’m getting leaner and leaner.

Last edited by hwntime : 01-18-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
I take 500mg three times per day with meals. On the weekends I refeed and take 1000mg with the really carb heavy meals up to 2500mg for the day. The first week you WILL have diarrhea and this is where a lot of guys fall off because of it. Once you get past that first week, itís all good. I know my buddy started 500 once per day for a full week, then bumped to twice per day, and is now at the 1500mg and never experienced any stomach distress but heís the exception.

Also, the good side effects and benefits far outweigh the diarrhea. Helps lower lipids, may help with BP (I take losartan so I donít know for sure), and a whole bunch of other stuff. The life extensionist community has been using it for years. I notice I can have the same caloric intake as Iíve always had without any change to exercise, and Iím getting leaner and leaner.
Thanks!
Old 03-06-2019, 01:50 PM

Default Metformin is very safe Berberine no way

I was Bio-Chemist Major in college ....Metformin is one of the most studied drugs in history ...As for Berberine I say no way ..It messes with your heart ..Dont buy into the bull crap websites sayings its great stuff ..... Berberine may keep the liver from removing bilirubin fast enough not good at all for guys like us ..Also none of us on here buy OTC GH or Juice why would u buy berberine against Metformin ?

Natural stuff is definitely not safer ..Anything can be put in there as is it loosely regulated ..

Last edited by juicenstein : 03-06-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicenstein View Post
I was Bio-Chemist Major in college ....Metformin is one of the most studied drugs in history ...As for Berberine I say no way ..It messes with your heart ..Dont buy into the bull crap websites sayings its great stuff ..... Berberine may keep the liver from removing bilirubin fast enough not good at all for guys like us ..Also none of us on here buy OTC GH or Juice why would u buy berberine against Metformin ?

Natural stuff is definitely not safer ..Anything can be put in there as is it loosely regulated ..
@juicenstein Can you please post evidence/studies regarding Berberine causing heart issues? Iím not saying youíre lying or none exist but Iíve researched and havenít found any. Iím just trying to further educate myself as Iíve been considering this supplement for several weeks.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:12 PM

So Metformin is good to add in for what benefits. We have so much stuff available to us, I am trying to figure out where the line is that is to much. Like would you take Metformin if you are on IGF-1?
Dam we are lucky to be able to get all this stuff- better than the old days!

-Commander
Old 03-16-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
So Metformin is good to add in for what benefits. We have so much stuff available to us, I am trying to figure out where the line is that is to much. Like would you take Metformin if you are on IGF-1?
Dam we are lucky to be able to get all this stuff- better than the old days!

-Commander
The info on IGF-1 and metformin is extremely mixed. Some reputable people say it lowers it. Some reputable people explain it has no effect in terms of bodybuilding. The little anecdotal reports I have seen of people who have bloodwork done seems to show no tangible difference.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:21 AM

Berberine is in this nutrition partitioning supp i take called RPG. I usually take 1 dose 1x at night with a heavy meal... Seems to work but i haven't noticed any dramatic effects. The guy at the nutrition store that sold it to me said not to take it more than 2x a day or it will cause diabetes.

I think i may try metformin next.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:10 PM

Sorry didnt see the message..For some reason I never get updates on this board or emails ..I have to look..It was a NCBI article talking about liver toxicity and EKG issues with administration ..My heart was acting a little off when I took it and after long research I found that ..I fixed my Insulin resistance with intermittent fasting 16/8 fast dropped me 15 points every day since ..