Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Nutrition Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Forum Discuss anything related to dieting and supplementation.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:37 PM

Default Carb timings? Front/Back loading

Anyone have experience with either front, or back loading carbs? I tried back loading when I was younger, and didnt see much. I'm in my 30s now and starting to think one or the other might help. Im pretty much eating carbs twice a day, and keeping it around 80g total. Which is working fine, but just curious if anyone has some experience or information here.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:25 PM

I eat all my carbs around my workout first thing in the morning. I have my intra and the rest of my carbs postworkout.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joos23 View Post
I eat all my carbs around my workout first thing in the morning. I have my intra and the rest of my carbs postworkout.
I'm eating them at breakfast (6am), sometimes at lunch (I frame houses so I rip through carbs/calories) and post work out (5-6pm). Usually around 80g a day. So far so good, just wondering if anyone had any experience with other ways of manipulating their carb intake.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2019, 01:52 PM

What I've been doing recently is drinking a protein shake (whey, egg, casein) with fairlife skim (lower sugar) milk for breakfast. I eat a banana between 10:30 and 11am. I take PWO and hit the gym at noon. After my workout i drink another shake with fairlife, 100% whey this time with some glucose. I then go pound the shit out of some chicken with a little brown rice or grilled sweet potatoes. That tides me over until dinner where I try to keep it low carb. I've been running this as an easy cut diet and it's keeping me full so no complaints from me.

I've been trying to get 100 to 150g of carbs per day mainly timed pre and post workout. If I know I have a heavy workout the next day I might sneak a few extra carbs in at dinner. If I have a rest day, I try to keep it as low carb as possible.