Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Anabolic Steroid Discussion Discuss anything related to anabolic steroids.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:54 PM

Default Androgen Receptor Up/Downregulation - Myth or Fact?

Conflicting reports on this... What's the truth behind it, manipulation of it, etc? Real life experiences?

Do you really need 2-3 months off after pct to fully benefit from your next blast?

How long do you REALLY need to upregulate?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:15 AM

I was ON for over a year straight before my current cruise. I did not feel like anything lost itís effectivness especially with test staying at trt levels... Redrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxplosive View Post
Conflicting reports on this... What's the truth behind it, manipulation of it, etc? Real life experiences?

Do you really need 2-3 months off after pct to fully benefit from your next blast?

How long do you REALLY need to upregulate?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:39 AM

We wouldnít have the mass monsters we have in the Olympia if it wasnít a myth or broscience.

There was never a genius without a tincture of madness. ~Aristotle (384 BC-322 BC)

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle (384 BC-322 BC)
Old 03-07-2019, 11:23 AM

Well, scientifically there is no strong evidence to support it. My personal opinion is this myth originates simply because the more muscle you add, the harder it is to add more. People experience this and then assume their receptors must be shot. They then get off for a while and whether they know it or not, they lose some of the muscle they gained and then go back on and gain more muscle quickly again but most of it was just the muscle that they lost.

They then assume their receptors were fried before.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:51 AM

Itís bullshit.

The myth starts because someone can only get so big on a certain dose thus requiring you to increase the dose.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:04 PM

I use this for dopamine depression due to cptsd as you can see it has some other wonderful benefits as well.https://anabolicmen.com/mucuna-pruriens-testosterone/
Old 03-07-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieViolent View Post
We wouldnít have the mass monsters we have in the Olympia if it wasnít a myth or broscience.
I want to side with you and have ran 2 year + cycles... A guy who says he is a doctor and former ifbb pro insists its real and even pro's come off for some time to allow for ar upregulation.

Ive been off for 6 weeks and am itching to get back on.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:20 PM

I have read that each person has a limited amount of receptors based on their genetics and thatís why some guys donít respond as well to higher doses, they only have a limited number of receptor sites unlike the genetic freaks aka mass monsters I was talking about before. I know guys like Stan efferdin run trt and never come off it, I highly doubt with his physique heís still not blasting too. Leaving me to again lean towards receptor saturation being a myth. I want to say made up by guys who got to their genetic sticking point and thought more gear will do it but again genetics had them beat.

There was never a genius without a tincture of madness. ~Aristotle (384 BC-322 BC)

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle (384 BC-322 BC)
Old 03-08-2019, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieViolent View Post
I have read that each person has a limited amount of receptors based on their genetics and thatís why some guys donít respond as well to higher doses, they only have a limited number of receptor sites unlike the genetic freaks aka mass monsters I was talking about before. I know guys like Stan efferdin run trt and never come off it, I highly doubt with his physique heís still not blasting too. Leaving me to again lean towards receptor saturation being a myth. I want to say made up by guys who got to their genetic sticking point and thought more gear will do it but again genetics had them beat.
Where it gets tricky is that some of those people actually get better results running less gear.

I believe things like L-Carnitine, intermittent fasting and other factors can continually upregulate them as well.

The whole Time Off needs to be PCT + Time On sounds excessive... How the fuck could your receptors be saturated with a hormone you are no longer receiving a benefit from and even losing muscle?

If the half-life of a compound has dwindled down weeks later, how can the receptor still be saturated by it?
Old 03-08-2019, 08:11 AM

Does anyone believe that Methandriol Dipropinate can restimulate the receptor? Iíve heard very compelling arguments for both sides...Redrock
Old 03-08-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock View Post
Does anyone believe that Methandriol Dipropinate can restimulate the receptor? Iíve heard very compelling arguments for both sides...Redrock
I heard that back in the day it was supposed to increase synergy of the compounds you were taking.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock View Post
It was just an excuse IMO to sell a shitty estrogenic weak anabolic compound. Almost no one carries it anymore.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:42 AM

Anyone else thoughts or opinions on this?
Old 03-11-2019, 06:31 PM

I think no matter the science behind it, logically it makes sense to take breaks. As with most things, you're body tends to adapt and things become less effective. Wether or not the science behind that is receptor sensitivity, I dont know, but I think the same actions/strategies that you would adopt, if it were true, are wise nonetheless.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:20 AM
Euroking Rep

Quote:
Do you really need 2-3 months off after pct to fully benefit from your next blast
Exactly the opposite.

You wanna get big? There is no OFF.

You’re ON.

Always ON.

The only option you have is to go straight from a 20 week bulker in to a 16 week cutter. Then take off 12 to 16 weeks. That’s if you are concerned about PCT, etc.

Rotate your compounds. As I’ve said before I follow a year round rotation.

Been doing this way for two years now, the exact plan I’ve settled on.

50% OFF FULL Genshi LINE SEE WEBSITE: www.euroking-Gear.co

*New Shipping = No source is faster*
Old 03-12-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Exactly the opposite.

You wanna get big? There is no OFF.

Youíre ON.

Always ON.

The only option you have is to go straight from a 20 week bulker in to a 16 week cutter. Then take off 12 to 16 weeks. Thatís if you are concerned about PCT, etc.

Rotate your compounds. As Iíve said before I follow a year round rotation.

Been doing this way for two years now, the exact plan Iíve settled on.
I was on for 7 months straight... Have been off for 6 weeks. Am itching to get back on.

I FEEL excellent, did pct and detoxed hard with NAC, TMG, beet root extract and apple cider vinegar. Have maintained 90% of my gains so far.

Wondering how much longer is really necessary to wait
Old 03-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I was on for 7 months straight... Have been off for 6 weeks. Am itching to get back on.

I FEEL excellent, did pct and detoxed hard with NAC, TMG, beet root extract and apple cider vinegar. Have maintained 90% of my gains so far.

Wondering how much longer is really necessary to wait
If you're committed to the Cycle/Pct lifestyle, then I'd wait until bloodwork comes back normal in all categories, and then tack on another month or two. Based on your post, I think Blast & Cruise is probably the direction you're headed. At 6 weeks, you may have 90% gains retention, but by 8 weeks, you may be down to 80%, and then, God forbid, you may drop to 70%, etc. You'll go crazy psychologically, especially if you get down to DYEL status. You'll bounce back obviously when you hop back on, but you'll be jonesing and obsessing about gear while you're in that black hole called natty. I've been on/off for 32 years, and finally threw in the towel about 7 years ago and decided to just stay on.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:57 AM

No doubt brother! I am in the same boat as you. Tried cycling for over 20 years and itís not worth it for me. Till Iím dead, itís blast and cruise AAS w hrt GH.
Now if your young and not sure you are going to be committed to this life style, Iíd say cycle w proper pct and time off=time on...Redrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwill67 View Post
If you're committed to the Cycle/Pct lifestyle, then I'd wait until bloodwork comes back normal in all categories, and then tack on another month or two. Based on your post, I think Blast & Cruise is probably the direction you're headed. At 6 weeks, you may have 90% gains retention, but by 8 weeks, you may be down to 80%, and then, God forbid, you may drop to 70%, etc. You'll go crazy psychologically, especially if you get down to DYEL status. You'll bounce back obviously when you hop back on, but you'll be jonesing and obsessing about gear while you're in that black hole called natty. I've been on/off for 32 years, and finally threw in the towel about 7 years ago and decided to just stay on.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:23 AM

For many years I just kept switching up the compounds I was using and never going off.For the last 5 years or so I've been doing test and deca non-stop.This is what works for me....
Old 03-14-2019, 01:20 PM

I think everyone is different. Ive ran for an extended period of time (2.5 years or so) with small cruising here and there. Whenever I would go back "on," I never got that big slam gains effect. Then I stopped everything cold turkey essentially for 3 months or so. I then went back on a cycle and gained some damn good size and strength. I've been off now for about 12 weeks and will probably stay off for another 4 or 5 and then throw together a big boy blast cycle. I HATE being off, but I needed to get my body back to normal levels. I've lost size and strength and have gained some fat, but I think this is the best bet FOR ME to get bigger and stronger overall
Old 04-15-2019, 08:34 AM

Youíre probably on to something here. I know the body always try to return to homeostasis, so your fighting a loosing battle. Now, if you change compounds regularly and increase doses steadily, you can probably keep tricking the body.
If you only stay on the same compounds and donít increase, I believe there will most definitely be diminished returns. It is gonna be different for each individual when this lessening begins, but ultimately the results will end up the same.
... Redrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichHcky87 View Post
I think everyone is different. Ive ran for an extended period of time (2.5 years or so) with small cruising here and there. Whenever I would go back "on," I never got that big slam gains effect. Then I stopped everything cold turkey essentially for 3 months or so. I then went back on a cycle and gained some damn good size and strength. I've been off now for about 12 weeks and will probably stay off for another 4 or 5 and then throw together a big boy blast cycle. I HATE being off, but I needed to get my body back to normal levels. I've lost size and strength and have gained some fat, but I think this is the best bet FOR ME to get bigger and stronger overall
Old 04-18-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichHcky87 View Post
But how much of it were actual gains and not just re-gaining size/strength you had lost when you were off?