PDA

View Full Version : tennis elbo from hell

500club
10-16-2005, 12:54 PM
i have had a bad shoulder, lower back, pulled leg muscle. but i can not get rid of my elbo pain trainer says it is tennis elbo and in time it will go away. any help would be cool

wildman1717
10-16-2005, 08:41 PM
i have had a bad shoulder, lower back, pulled leg muscle. but i can not get rid of my elbo pain trainer says it is tennis elbo and in time it will go away. any help would be cool
I have off and on the same thing, Dr. said take time off, ice and anti-inflam.'s. I took his advise on the ice after the workouts and anti-inflam.'s.

PresaDog
10-17-2005, 03:04 PM
I've got news for your trainer. If you're benching heavy frequently, it aint going away. I like a fistfull of Aleve to keep that stuff down to a dull roar.

TommyD
10-17-2005, 03:25 PM
I've got news for your trainer. If you're benching heavy frequently, it aint going away. I like a fistfull of Aleve to keep that stuff down to a dull roar.

Aleve worked great for mine and so did a forearm brace....

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/elbow/tennis_elbow_brace.htm

I did eventually have to go to my doc for a cortisone shot that finally killed the little pain I had left....

Hilo
10-17-2005, 07:44 PM
I have the same problem. I use an elbow brace anytime I do bis And tris. That helps alot.
I was thinking of ordering Alfutop or Adequan and giving that a shot.
Hilo

PresaDog
10-18-2005, 12:07 AM
I have the same problem. I use an elbow brace anytime I do bis And tris. That helps alot.
I was thinking of ordering Alfutop or Adequan and giving that a shot.
Hilo
Adequan worked great for me. My shoulder feels better than it has in three years.

maxx
10-18-2005, 08:40 AM

right on pd! i have a throbing elbow......mine will lock up on the bench and and will pop with nasty pain if just flex my right arm and slowly curl it up,and has a shooting pain up my forearm.....i when to an ortho,he said that there wasnt any abnormal looking in there and said it was TE,and burrcitus(sp) and he got me these magic green pills (do not remember what they were)but i could take those and the pain wouldnt be there.....time off will help and an elbow brace also helped me a bit....he also told me that in time that it will subside a bit but may not evr totally go away....good luck

maxx

500club
10-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Read up on DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide).

TenMan

that is some sick shit. but works great thankz

Sleazy
10-26-2005, 03:36 PM
I had some bad tendonitis in my elbow and my doctor basically told me to take two weeks of on most of my push movements and gave me some anti inflamatories. It really helped wonders since I had it for a long time. I guess I wasn't given it the chance to heal.

It still acts up on exercises like heavy skull crushers and so forth, but if I were you I would go to the Dr instead of the trainer just to get some good anti inflams.

bigboystoys
11-20-2005, 07:28 PM
i have had everything hurt that can be hurt i think. some twice i have used dmso it works but smells really bad i have also had some steroid shots in both my elbows and one in my shoulder its the price we all pay so take some rest and let it heal u will come back stronger and feeling a lot better.

500club
11-27-2005, 07:56 PM
using the DMOS and ice. it went away. But now it only hurts when i use the preacher bench for curls (heavy) so now all my curl workouts are standing or in a chair.