Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Training Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Forum Discuss anything related to training. Share your training strategy and technique.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:36 PM

this in the meet before i cramped up i was having baby cramps and told a friend who brought up STAN and said he drinks salt water and a video with Larry wheels talking bout it to...what i dont get is why I do not vramp in workouts..I often do heavy squats deads same day and more or even all 3 lifts and have never cramped like that except in meets..
But anyway this has turned into a thread about how my meet total sucks and hydration instead of just a post about reaching a new level in deadlift and a nod to a great sponsor lol
(edit..but then again this thread section has been slow so hope this 1 helps a little)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieViolent View Post
I just posted a video from Stan Efferding on salt and he mentions cramping while competing. It's not some foreign concept but seems to be the number one thing people neglect due to poor information. I don't compete in anything but I know stuff like this because I enjoy learning about anything lifting. Google is a hell of a drug.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
this in the meet before i cramped up i was having baby cramps and told a friend who brought up STAN and said he drinks salt water and a video with Larry wheels talking bout it to...what i dont get is why I do not vramp in workouts..I often do heavy squats deads same day and more or even all 3 lifts and have never cramped like that except in meets..
But anyway this has turned into a thread about how my meet total sucks and hydration instead of just a post about reaching a new level in deadlift and a nod to a great sponsor lol
(edit..but then again this thread section has been slow so hope this 1 helps a little)
I donít compete and I can promise you my meet total would be terrible lol. Like I said good pull!

There was never a genius without a tincture of madness. ~Aristotle (384 BC-322 BC)

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle (384 BC-322 BC)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I donít compete and I can promise you my meet total would be terrible lol. Like I said good pull!
thanks bro..its only getting better from here.I'm goin 100% on building squats up and I will hit an easy 550 off cycle.. within 2 months Im thinking
.. Switching to conventional and have a feeling im stronger at it lol... I pulled 725 from low shin and most ive done sumo is 710..and that was with no training just carryover from other deads and back core work....conjugate ill toss in conventional for 2 weeks maybe once every 3-4 months usually from deficit ..
and on bench everthing flys off chest.. so working on lockout and hitting hypertrophy and conditioning this year hard... I wanna be bigger faster stronger and actually feel good while doin so despite me being super sensitive ectomorph Im adding in GPP as my way of cardio(check westside for info on gpp,,, i forget as ill need to read up again to but say sled pulls just walking for 10 minutes with heavy weight i think for "sets" so maybe 20-30 minutes with rest for exp. might be something you do as a mini workout, boosting condition,recovery,getting in more work without overtaxing the cns)
Old 06-14-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoudidnt View Post
Heís a competitive powerlifter too. If that comment really offended him...

Iíd like to apologize to ABSO FOOKIN LUTELY nobody.
You try so hard to portray yourself as an elite top flight lifter...but one thing the top flight guys dont do is talk shit on other lifters...
Old 06-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Euroking Sponsored Athlete ICFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Deezyzzl View Post
You try so hard to portray yourself as an elite top flight lifter...but one thing the top flight guys dont do is talk shit on other lifters...
#1 All I do is praise and help him on Instagram so shut the fuck up if you donít know what youíre talking about, grandpa.

#2 Youíre wrong so you can go fuck yourself.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:32 AM
Administrator

There are a lot of excessive flaming coming from you lately. Respect board rules if you value your membership here.

Admin.

Quote:
#1 All I do is praise and help him on Instagram so shut the fuck up if you donít know what youíre talking about, grandpa.

#2 Youíre wrong so you can go fuck yourself.

Not reading the board rules may result in a permanent ban.

I will not return source related questions so dont ask.

Private forums on this board belong to a person whose screen name is located above that forum.
I DON'T HAVE A PASSWORD!

Old 06-14-2019, 10:33 AM

I do see Vin side and like vin he's a vet long time here so we have to respect the man...he's got knowledge for us and has always been fair...
On ohnoudidnt I think it came from a good place,( he is friend and has usually good ideas or things to say..meet or not imo im a 700lb deadlifter and soon much more in meet...so no worries there..i try focus on squat more now ).. maybe with him wanting more so to help (which i would take help but i really have just been confused on when to hit openers as I always was told 7 days out hit all your openers..and they should be about what you triple) More or less saying i should do better in meets but i did have some bad luck last 2 meets that you cant really fight through. Im going to be setup next meet to be super hydrated, electrolytes up arse if need be lol..jk..
I have a "gym total" of 1635.. My meets have had one goal(700 with ok =numbers on other 2 just to not be a super cheat) and ther have been 1-2 a year usually one.. I just wanted offical 7... i know now im past that and I can and will hit 2 large totals this year fall and winter..
Old 06-14-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I do see Vin side and like vin he's a vet long time here so we have to respect the man...he's got knowledge for us and has always been fair...
On ohnoudidnt I think it came from a good place,( he is friend and has usually good ideas or things to say..meet or not imo im a 700lb deadlifter and soon much more in meet...so no worries there..i try focus on squat more now ).. maybe with him wanting more so to help (which i would take help but i really have just been confused on when to hit openers as I always was told 7 days out hit all your openers..and they should be about what you triple) More or less saying i should do better in meets but i did have some bad luck last 2 meets that you cant really fight through. Im going to be setup next meet to be super hydrated, electrolytes up arse if need be lol..jk..
I have a "gym total" of 1635.. My meets have had one goal(700 with ok =numbers on other 2 just to not be a super cheat) and ther have been 1-2 a year usually one.. I just wanted offical 7... i know now im past that and I can and will hit 2 large totals this year fall and winter..
For sure man, I know what youíre capable of. I just hate seeing people fail on the platform.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I actually am a grandpa though
Old 06-14-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I actually am a grandpa though
Iíve seen your 500 for reps, I know you are old. 🤣🤣
Old 06-14-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
There are a lot of excessive flaming coming from you lately. Respect board rules if you value your membership here.

Admin.
Bump, letís keep thread clean & respect other members

READ: If you do not follow my board rules I suggest you find another place.

No discussions of T/A time
No discussions of shipping
No discussions of packaging methods
No discussions of prices
No discussions of payment methods
No discussions of any D0mestic Sourcing
Old 06-14-2019, 05:19 PM
Direct Rep

Quote:
^^^i'll tell ya, it's a shame at times to see Vin put the time/effort/detail into his posts that he does, with a genuine interest to help a fellow lifter/human being out ..only for them to blow it off ..most people today wouldn't know good advice if their lives depended on it

..he'll help anyone, advanced or not & he never belittles anyone (..& he's def got the room to do it) ..he is extremely generous with his knowledge

Quote:
I’ve seen your 500 for reps, I know you are old. ����
^^^i guess you didn't understand Admin/MFreak??
..you would be lucky to match his longevity in this game

..and we'v seen you pull too
..happy halloween

***www.RACETROPIN.com***

***RACETROPIN GH***
HPLC TESTED @99.585% PURE
(..and low 1.067% DIMER, so nearly 100% bioavailable!!)

ORDER CONTACT:
direct@securenym.net
racetropin@protonmail.com
(..or simply PM orders straight to DIRECT)

ďThe truth is like a lion; you donít have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself.Ē
~St. Aug of H.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUR DIESEL View Post

..happy halloween
#1 Saying that I know he is old is not flaming.
#2 You fail to realize upper back round doesn’t matter. Let me know when you can pull close to 3.5 times your body weight in a competition.
#3 Don’t you have something better to do like argue with Mack about who is better?
Old 06-14-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUR DIESEL View Post
^^^i'll tell ya, it's a shame at times to see Vin put the time/effort/detail into his posts that he does, with a genuine interest to help a fellow lifter/human being out ..only for them to blow it off ..most people today wouldn't know good advice if their lives depended on it

..he'll help anyone, advanced or not & he never belittles anyone (..& he's def got the room to do it) ..he is extremely generous with his knowledge

..happy halloween
Thanks bro but clearly he doesn't understand.

He reminds me of the character Zack Galifianakis played in the movie The Hangover.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks bro but clearly he doesn't understand.

He reminds me of the character Zack Galifianakis played in the movie The Hangover.
Iíve always respected Vin, he was one of first people I met on this forum.

I just get pissed off when people could be better than they are performing.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Get a bottle of salt tabs like Thermotabs and keep them handy. Even the flavored Nuun tabs if you can stand swallowing a handful of thermos.
"THIS"^^^^^^ is what I was doing in 1980-1985. Also, when I was pulling my 3rd attempt, my trainer would slap me around, then break a "thing" of Ammonia just before my lift,& shove it in my nose. really opened my senses up and psyched me the hell up. We also would eat a sheet load of Pasta the day prior to the meet. My shakes at the time, after a workout, consisted of 1 cup of non-fat dry milk from a box/banana/2 heaping scoops of peanut butter/2 big scoops of vanilla ice-cream/3 raw eggs !!!! LOL!!!
Damn, I miss those days, wish I stuck with it. At age 16 1/2, I pulled a 610 dead/595 squat/380 bench, raw at a meet in Iowa at a bw of 197. Still remember how he trained me though, to a tee!!!!!
My trainer was Bob Pleticha, a national champion for many years in the 60's through the 80's

Last edited by OneFitDad : 07-01-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFitDad View Post
"THIS"^^^^^^ is what I was doing in 1980-1985. Also, when I was pulling my 3rd attempt, my trainer would slap me around, then break a "thing" of Ammonia just before my lift,& shove it in my nose. really opened my senses up and psyched me the hell up. We also would eat a sheet load of Pasta the day prior to the meet. My shakes at the time, after a workout, consisted of 1 cup of non-fat dry milk from a box/banana/2 heaping scoops of peanut butter/2 big scoops of vanilla ice-cream/3 raw eggs !!!! LOL!!!
Damn, I miss those days, wish I stuck with it. At age 16 1/2, I pulled a 610 dead/595 squat/380 bench, raw at a meet in Iowa at a bw of 197. Still remember how he trained me though, to a tee!!!!!
My trainer was Bob Pleticha, a national champion for many years in the 60's through the 80's
You’re full of shit. I’m looking at the database, you are nowhere to be found and that would put you #2 in the world.

Last edited by ohnoudidnt : 07-02-2019 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Youíre full of shit. Iím looking at the database, you are nowhere to be found and that would put you #2 in the world.
Lol this is something I agree with you on.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:46 PM

Great work aint nothing to flamm here solid shit keep it up

Acelabs
Avogen
Unclesz
Euroking
Goroids
Old 07-02-2019, 09:17 PM

Believe what you want, unfortunately, my trainer passed away last year, or he would vouch.
Ed Coan would remember me, trained with him several times with Bob, along with Brian Olfield, world-record holder in the shot put at the time.
We used to train at the YMCA, on Channing street in Elgin IL. Might be something you can look up if you are trying to dis-prove me. =)

Quote:
You’re full of shit. I’m looking at the database, you are nowhere to be found and that would put you #2 in the world.

Last edited by OneFitDad : 07-02-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Believe what you want, unfortunately, my trainer passed away last year, or he would vouch.
Ed Coan would remember me, trained with him several times with Bob, along with Brian Olfield, world-record holder in the shot put at the time.
We used to train at the YMCA, on Channing street in Elgin IL. Might be something you can look up if you are trying to dis-prove me. =)
Openpowerlifting.org

Unless your name is Lilliebridge, I donít believe you.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post

Admin.
Time to start handing banning cards,,,,

READ: If you do not follow my board rules I suggest you find another place.

No discussions of T/A time
No discussions of shipping
No discussions of packaging methods
No discussions of prices
No discussions of payment methods
No discussions of any D0mestic Sourcing
Old 07-03-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M FREAKY View Post
Time to start handing banning cards,,,,
So you want to ban me for calling this guy out on his obvious lies?

There is a database of powerlifters and meets.

You can ask Vin, this guy claiming to be some god is full of BS.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:29 AM

#1, never claimed to be some "GOD"
#2, this meet was at a YMCA.
#3, what you believe makes no difference to me, or apparently, to no-one else.
#4 , I quit powerlifting when I was about 18, due to bad personal choices and wrong friends, & also got married when I was 19 due to a tragic life my ex-wife had.
#5 , I have yet to match those numbers, even when I got back into lifting in my early 20's. Other things came first over entering power-lifting meets.Heck, I can't even flat-bench anymore due to shoulder-pain.But I "DO" know how my trainer trained for meets, and he "WAS" an established competitor.

Quote:
So you want to ban me for calling this guy out on his obvious lies?

There is a database of powerlifters and meets.

You can ask Vin, this guy claiming to be some god is full of BS.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
#1, never claimed to be some "GOD"
#2, this meet was at a YMCA.
#3, what you believe makes no difference to me, or apparently, to no-one else.
#4 , I quit powerlifting when I was about 18, due to bad personal choices and wrong friends, & also got married when I was 19 due to a tragic life my ex-wife had.
#5 , I have yet to match those numbers, even when I got back into lifting in my early 20's. Other things came first over entering power-lifting meets.Heck, I can't even flat-bench anymore due to shoulder-pain.But I "DO" know how my trainer trained for meets, and he "WAS" an established competitor.
The numbers you claim do.

Iím not going to waste anymore time on you.