Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Beginner's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beginner's Forum For people who are new to any part of this sport you may ask your questions here without fear of being flamed.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 AM

Default Tricep pain...

after taking my first cycle of test about a 2 years ago, I notice that a sharp pain under my elbow started to accumilate after working my tris, doing such things like skull crushers, or simply trying to add weight to my bench press, my elbow starts to give out. I was wondering if anyone everhad the same problem? and if so, would you recommend to not take a second cycle? I want to get on one but dont know if ill be able to lift heavy with this sharp pain, or will it go away once the juice kicks in my system?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 PM

Well, I am not a DR. and you should prob go see one first. I did have tricep tendonitis in both elbows forever and the only thing that helped me was some rest, stretching the tricep muscle, but the best thing I have done is I do 3 or 4 sets of warmup cable pressdowns(I like the rope) starting very light working up to about 15 reps and doing the negative part of the exersize slowly. I will do this before any heave pressing movement and the area will be good and warm, I dont do skullcrushers at all anymore.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 PM

Hey man im in the same boat. I have had the same tricep problem for about 2 years now. Its from working my arms so much and making huge gains too fast.

I worked out with an olympic skeleton racer who had the same problem. Its literally the "funny bone" thats causing the problem. Some times you might get numb in your pinky finger and the one next to it, which is all connected together through some tendons (or somethin like that). Overall he blew it out training one day a few years back and they removed it. Now he has no "funny bone" or sensation in those fingers. He said the best way to avoid problems is to continue working it out as hard as you want, but you def need a strong warm up. Get them nice and warm and avoid doing straight bar skull crushers or anything that makes your fists the same position as a bench position. Use an angled bar, like a curl bar, for skull crushers and for any push downs you do on cables. It takes the pressure off that part of the elbow.

I took his advise and I still will have that pain if i dont warm up enough. So i just stop and warm up a little more then get back into it. Its not hard to avoid. Just play it safe and you will be fine.

Use somethin like Deca for your second cycle. I hear its easy on the joints. Either way you should be good just warming up.

Good luck man I hope this helps
Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 PM

You probably got them from doing skull crushers the wrong way. Do you bring down the bar past your forehead? If you do that'll fuck up your elbows. Ice the area down and take some advil.