Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Training Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Forum Discuss anything related to training. Share your training strategy and technique.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:25 PM

Default Bizarre Strength Increase On Bench

So I'm wondering if anyone ever experienced a 60 lb increase in bench after staying away from it for a while. I decided to stay in the 8-12 rep range for a few months and haven't benched because I've had shoulder issues in the past.

Three months ago I stopped bench altogether and my max was 305, today I felt great and decided lets scrap the workout and try a bench max.....well...I put up 365...no problem!

I have never had an increase of 60lbs on my bench, that quickly....Only using HGH/S-4/Osta ......wondering if anyone else has ever had that happen, also wondering if it will last!!
Old 05-11-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromwell1234 View Post
So I'm wondering if anyone ever experienced a 60 lb increase in bench after staying away from it for a while. I decided to stay in the 8-12 rep range for a few months and haven't benched because I've had shoulder issues in the past.

Three months ago I stopped bench altogether and my max was 305, today I felt great and decided lets scrap the workout and try a bench max.....well...I put up 365...no problem!

I have never had an increase of 60lbs on my bench, that quickly....Only using HGH/S-4/Osta ......wondering if anyone else has ever had that happen, also wondering if it will last!!
Iíve had it happen before but not that much weight. Sometimes a prolonged break does wonders.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:28 PM

Any changes in compounds?
Old 05-12-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoudidnt View Post
Iíve had it happen before but not that much weight. Sometimes a prolonged break does wonders.
Absolutely^
Old 05-13-2019, 09:08 PM

It's funny how stuff like that works. Did you do any other movements for your chest during this time?

I've had periods of time where I dropped flat as my primary movement, would make incline my primary, once it was heavy dips, every time my bench was up following a break from flat benching.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:51 AM

The only thing I did was drop flat bench for three months and during that time I did dips, flys and incline dumbbells for chest at a much higher rep range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Deezyzzl View Post
It's funny how stuff like that works. Did you do any other movements for your chest during this time?

I've had periods of time where I dropped flat as my primary movement, would make incline my primary, once it was heavy dips, every time my bench was up following a break from flat benching.