Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Training Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Forum Discuss anything related to training. Share your training strategy and technique.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:23 AM
EK Rep

Still having issues. I'm starting to think that maybe it's nerve damage and not a torn rotator cuff muscle issue.

I basically done nothing the last 5 weeks but some leg workouts and machine bicep tricep work.

Trying to be patient but damn the fall training season is only 10 weeks away.

EUROKING Voted #1 International People's Choice Award No source gets packs to you faster.

Adhere to the laws of your country regarding anabolic steroids. Steroids kill and wreak havoc.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:18 AM

I don't know why so many guys avoid a doctor and an MRI when it comes to this but I am also one of them. I have insurance I know other guys who have these issues and insurance and yet still don't go have it done. I'm positive I have rotator cuff damage and have had for the last 5-6 years. I have to limit myself on incline benching, lateral raises, dips etc. almost to the point that I'm really not gonna gain anything other than just keeping things loose. If it wasn't for gear I wouldn't ever be able to gain any size due to this injury. Yours sounds a lot worse but I will be right where you are in another 2-3 years I'm sure. I think you will be ahead of the game to get it diagnosed and treated as soon as possible. I'm planning on having mine looked into this winter when work is slower for me.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbowtie73 View Post
I don't know why so many guys avoid a doctor and an MRI when it comes to this
x2

I know you said you had insurance issues, but you will save a lot of time getting it figured out now vs trying to figure it out on your own.

You can probably consider the time spent trying to fix it on your own as time wasted unfortunately.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:27 PM

I've never messed with gh, but I have looked into it. The cost factor was too great for me to justify, also looking into I think I remember something about watching your blood sugar closely. So starting off at 4 units might be too much. Some people I've read take 2 units and need to supplement insulin as well. So if you just have gh and no insulin on hand, I wouldn't risk going over 2 units. Also watch your sugar intake while on it. All this shit might not be true, just off old memory. Something to think about or research.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Still having issues. I'm starting to think that maybe it's nerve damage and not a torn rotator cuff muscle issue.

I basically done nothing the last 5 weeks but some leg workouts and machine bicep tricep work.

Trying to be patient but damn the fall training season is only 10 weeks away.
I doubt it is just nerve damage man. Almost all men who are physically active have some degree of rotator cuff tear by the time we are in our forties. Yours sounds like you are going to have to bite the bullet and go under the knife. All I can recommend is to find the best surgeon you can. You're a mobile guy, you have access to the best care in the world. If I didn't have an amazing couple of orthopedic surgeons available locally I'd go to NYC. I was fortunate to find the ones that I've used. I don't have any chronic pain and my lower leg was basically blown off. I am lucky to have a leg let alone no pain and no limp. I have a cadaver bone and various hardware. My hand was rebuilt, my right forearm has hardware where it was very badly broken. A good surgeon is like an artist, my scars are so fine that you can barely see them. Really research surgeons.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:42 PM

If you injured your supraspinatus rotator muscle, pulling movements will make it worse.
This is what you are explaining with movement pain.
Take a couple weeks and try some therapy with "LIGHT" weights (2.5# plate/5#plate) and/or bands.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Donating Member

Have 2 shoulder surgeries on my right shoulder.
It started to hurt bad again probably 10 months ago.
Been putting it off.

Saw a shoulder doc yesterday. Took Xrays.
I have artirithis and no cartiledge left so thats why it hurts.
3 options:
Do nothing
Cortisone shots - max 3 might last 6 weeks to a year
Shoulder replacement.

The doc said if I get a replacement it last for about 20 years and I will have to stop lifting weights.

I am doing the shots.

Without knowing what it is you are just guessing. Adding a bunch of peptides isnt exactly a sound solution since you have no idea if they works or not.

See a doc and at least get xrays.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:01 AM

you gotta get it checked out...

a few years ago i tore my rotator cuff. i avoided a doctor and worked out regardless. After a couple of months the pain was tolerable enough where i could do chest on the smith machine with very light weights. Time went by and i added more and more weight. i was no where near the weights i used to bench but i figured it would get better.
Well, after a couple of years it did not get stronger so i went to see the doctor. The MRI showed that my rotator cuff was torn and because i waited so long the tendons in the rotator cuff hardened to where he could not stretch it back to repair. He said the only way to repair is to have a complete shoulder operation.
so today i am still on the smith machine doing flat/incline/decline chest with very little weight.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:34 PM

Some injuries you just can't push through em, I tried pushing through shoulder soreness, blocked it out of my mind and started wearing beats to drown out the tearing sound on every rep
Of every pressing movement, finally while warming up on a flat bench with 315( I was benching 505 for reps at the time) 6 th rep it just tore and felt like a knife in my shoulder, ofcourse I tried to work through that over the next few months, painkillers and all finally went under knife n got torn rotator fixed, worst recovery ever, finally 5 years later I'm finally benching again, had to avoid due to pain, but because I jacked my elbow up and had surgery in February I have to wrap it tight just to warm up but back to 405 for reps, won't go any higher, I'm content! Goodluck
Old 08-07-2017, 06:00 PM

Thoracic mobility is your friend.

You may very well have a tear, but I'd be willing to bet that due to age, many years of heavy lifting and the amount of sitting you do with all your travels that your upper back is locked up tight as a nin's hoohah. With that comes an inability of your scapula and shoulders to move freely. I speak from experience on this, I had shoulder pain a while back that had me certain I needed surgery. I could barely move my arm any direction especially upward without pain, even taking a shirt off or on would cause all sorts of pain. Time certainly helped but relief really came quick after implementing some thoracic mobility drills. I have virtually no shoulder pain at this point.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...spine-mobility
Old 08-08-2017, 07:58 PM
EK Rep

Damn. Thank you Vin Deezy for taking the time to post that.

I do thank you.

I'll check it out.

You're a good guy. Thanks.

EUROKING Voted #1 International People's Choice Award No source gets packs to you faster.

Adhere to the laws of your country regarding anabolic steroids. Steroids kill and wreak havoc.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:02 PM
EK Rep

By the way....

I'm not training at this point. At least 4 weeks deep zero upper body.

A few cheesy ass easy leg workouts but mostly doing cardio.

Only using 200mg of test a week

Totally not the normal me

Totally .... chill out me

:0/

Old 08-09-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Damn. Thank you Vin Deezy for taking the time to post that.

I do thank you.

I'll check it out.

You're a good guy. Thanks.
No problemo Mack. I've posted other rehab/prehab stuff several times but it seems most don't care. One thing I've learned by training with and around some high level powerlifters is that they all have assorted accessory type movements that they employ for maintenance and injury prevention. Personally I travel a lot as well, some tied to work and some for leisure, in the last year I've been to 19 states and Canada, I don't go anywhere without a lacrosse ball and a band.