PDA

View Full Version : # Days max to work Bicep / triceps

BMWTexas
10-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Hi gentlemen,

Is working out biceps and triceps 2X per week too much in one week? Or is 2X per week acceptable along with dips and chin ups in addition to the 2X per week? I dont want to overload them but at the same time want maximum growth in these areas.

thank you sirs,
BMWTx

wildman1717
10-13-2005, 11:18 PM
It depends on your workout, I say one time per week just for arms. Arms get hit with just about any other upper body workout, be it back, chest, or shoulders. Don't go crazy with arm workouts. If biceps and triceps are overworked, they will have a negative effect on other lifts. They are the weak links in most other lifts for the upper body.

hueyot
10-13-2005, 11:35 PM
trial and error, bro. you need to find out how much your body can tolerate dpending on your current level of conditoning.

in addition to a routine based on compound movements, i don't see anything wrong with a couple of days with added direct arm work.

if strength levels are going up, you're doing well! if not, then you could be overdsoing it!

BMWTexas
10-13-2005, 11:49 PM
When Im cycling, I go 2X for biceps, triceps and legs. I was just curious about doing pushups, chinups and dips on the days off.