Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Beginner's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beginner's Forum For people who are new to any part of this sport you may ask your questions here without fear of being flamed.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:57 PM

Great post.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 PM

very nice well said.
Now we have to listen!!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:29 AM

nice read! i feel good when people ask me what type of training i do and these questions are asked of me when im off cycle!., mind you im 32 and have done many cycles..comments like that soothe me when im off cycle
Old 07-30-2009, 06:25 PM

wow-what a great post. very true.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Banned

I attest to Phreezer's good wisdom. I lifted for years, but then I wanted to compete, wanted to be huge, long story story short- I took the the short cut- four years later I'm as big naturally as I was peak cycle four years ago. Too much, too fast. The long hard road is slow, but ultimately more productive. I think that's the secret, persistence- of training, dieting, ect.

the younger you are, the worse you are making decisions, so on this issue, just put it off.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:12 PM

Very good read!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:37 PM

The only way I can gain 25lbs from a cycle is I have to lose 25lbs before I go on

Micro
Old 09-20-2009, 07:13 PM

If I remember right in 2000 I was off for 2 years and no gym. I went on 1000 sust deca tren proviron gained 35 lbs muscle 15 of lard. A lot was muscle memory tho.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:41 AM

I LOVED IT!!!!!
I liked the last two lines.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:22 AM

im in my 20'z and my natural body weight at 140-145lbs have super hard time gaining, been training for over 5yrs and the heaviest iv been was 158lbs natural when i stop lifting for like 2 months max i drop weight rappidly maybe 10-12lbs, but when i start up again the weight comes back just as easy...now every time i get up to 155-158lbs i stop gaining even with strength increase, im guessing thats my genetic potential so after hitting this weights im able to try anabolics....i know strength gains to fast can caz injury thts where those lil twerps tht use AAS come in the cheaters... I never thought about using AAS unless hitting my maximum potential, I kno wat hard training is been doing it since high school...as a sophmore i weighed 120lbs and was benching 225lbs 2X my weight so i know my injury potential should be as much as a cheaters...any ways i graduated at 135 and i only filled in 5-10lbs yrs after highschool natural, but wit lifting up to 155lbs, so i must be ready right
Old 11-01-2009, 04:42 AM

i agree with the sticky. im young but have been in a gym for 11 years now. im 24. i started young.lol. and its funny to see these kids come in and blow up then shrink back down and then they quit till they have money to buy something again. its rather hillarious really. i do have a question tho. and not trying to contradict ur post because it was the absolute truth. do u beleive there are guys that can gain more weight when there on. i havnt been throwing in track n e more so i dont have to worry bout piss tests and ive tampered a lil here in the past few years and ive gained 20lbs or more every time and kept 13 of it. but when i was young i was a fat kid. 6;0 and 270. and ive been as low as 195 and im up to 250 again. but its not fat. was curious.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Banned

Nice read.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:55 AM

Wish I knew what I KNOW NOW, ten years ago...good thread, very well said!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big W View Post
ya sticky, sticky, sticky...that should almost be a mandatory read.
X2... This guy tells the truth!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 PM

Thanks for the advice, im a noob with the gear. Im 24 years old, and started lifting when i was 16. Last year my buddy started me on a cycle of D-bol and 500 mg of sustaplex a week, im 5' 7" i was 180lbs 10% body fat. after 2 month cycle i was 212lbs but lot of water retention. I was looking for a short cut like u say. I have got the diet and work out regimen down, i have waited a year now, im down to 164 lbs and 12% body fat. Im looking for a simple beginner cycle with low estrogenic conversion and recommendations or advice. Once again excellent post, solid truth man.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:12 PM

Good post I know some guys who should read that.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:34 AM

Thumbs up

what an epiphany...
Old 02-02-2010, 01:51 AM

thats why im here, i learn somthing new everytime..THANKS
Old 02-27-2010, 02:58 PM

That's true man that's why I never try to compare with someone who's obviously got better genetics thatn me. No matter how hard I try some guys are just out of my league. But, i'm cool with that, i just compare to myself and if I keep moving foward in the positive direction I am happy.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AN3M4L View Post
Another vote for this being a sticky

AGREED
Old 08-16-2010, 01:45 AM
Banned

Extremely good post, very well said.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 PM

explain this...

now, i realize what i say has no weight, since i have this one post to my name...

i have personally witnessed someone gain 20lbs of LBM. he is over 35, with 10+ years lifting experience. he ran a fairly low dose of test500 / eq500. he ran a 4 day split with low reps and a fair share of rest pause instead of lots of reps or sets. he was not re-gaining LBM he had lost previously (which is sometimes the case)...how did he do that?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanct View Post
explain this...

now, i realize what i say has no weight, since i have this one post to my name...

i have personally witnessed someone gain 20lbs of LBM. he is over 35, with 10+ years lifting experience. he ran a fairly low dose of test500 / eq500. he ran a 4 day split with low reps and a fair share of rest pause instead of lots of reps or sets. he was not re-gaining LBM he had lost previously (which is sometimes the case)...how did he do that?

10 years lifting experience, but did he have 10 years of dieting experience?
I have a friend that has an amazing base naturally ripped 8 pack all of that.
He has been lifting for over 10 years and his trade keeps him in shape all day long. He is strong as hell but only weighed 165.00 at his biggest. He used to get pissed because I was much bigger them him yet he had the same lifts as far as weight goes sometimes higher then mine in some movements. One day after some more bitching I looked at him and said quite your crying because every time you say this to me I am sitting here eating another meal , drinking another shake, cooking food for next week.

I am a natural fat body so all my meals are extremely low fat and boring the same shit over and over, a guy like him can easily throw in a few big Mac's a week and only reap benefits. This went on for years finally a few years back he finally put up and followed a simple diet for hard gainers, he told me eating was harder then training for him epically since he is on the road all day. Within 7-8 weeks he put on 8 solid lbs, his BF by eye did not change still had the 8 pack and started to put up more lbs in the gym. He kept the diet going for another year and every time he gained 5lbs adjusted it accordingly to keep that and gain more. He is now 5'6" and 210lbs with a 350 bench. Not bad for a causal lifter who put's 80 hours a week in at his business. Never touched a roid in his life.

My 1st cycle ever was 500mg test-e, 400mg eq, and 50mg dbol I gained about 22lbs, lots of water, lost about 12-13lbs of it when all was said and done but it was the 1st time in my life I ate for my weight and strength goals, and that made all the difference in the world. Most guys do not start to eat until their 1st cycle period, and a lot of them stop once they stop the roids. Remember you grow in the kitchen not in the gym, I guarantee if more then 50% of the skinny new guy's on this site adapted a real bulking diet before ever touching a roid they would meet their goals cleanly.

This is coming from the guy representing the roids too.

Mason

Last edited by Mason1 : 08-27-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM

I am 27 yo and have been lifting on and off for four years. mostly on but it seems like every time I get six months in something brings me to a hault, i.e. deployments and most recently a broken foot. I have been solid at it for a year now but like i said, a broken foot has sidelined me once again. I am two weeks away from coming out of the cast. I have been going again and lifing light to knock off the cob webs to get ready again. It has become a part of my life now and I LOVE THE GYM. I follow a strict diet and I change my routine every 3-4 wks to keep my body guessing. I am 5'11 and back down to 188lbs. I did do a cycle last summer of dbol, test prop , and sus. I never really gained much weight. I only got up to about 195. My strength did increase a lot though. I already have elbow pain. I was thinking about doing a cycle once I get back in the swing of things, but you talked me out of it. I think I will give it a few years before I do that again. Great advice guys. Any clue as to how on earth I didnt gain hardly any weight on that 10wk cycle? It really wasnt worth my money in my opinion.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabulldawg83 View Post
Any clue as to how on earth I didnt gain hardly any weight on that 10wk cycle? It really wasnt worth my money in my opinion.
Diet, diet, diet.

Nutrition is a big part of this game. You have to eat big to be big but just remember to keep it healthy.