Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > HGH, IGF and Insulin Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

HGH, IGF and Insulin Forum Discuss HGH and its effects on the human body.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 PM

First Id like to say that I agree with everyone's reaction to insulin being a little different, thus neccesitating that cautious newbie's start w/ a very low dose and more carbs then they might need at first and experiment in very small incremants to determine what dose and how many g's of carbs they personally need to avoid hypo. When you take moderate ammounts of slin hypo can creep up on you but unless you took alot or didnt eat any carbs there is ussually more than enough time to take action. But only if the person has arrived at dose through slow incremental experimentation. (Im speaking about when doses and carb intake are within reasonable guidelines, in other words if you take 50iu's of humalog your first time and only eat 20g's of carbs then you WONT have the luxury of slow gradual hypo onset that would enable you to pop some glucose tablets in plenty of time.)
But Id like to add that other things your taking will effect the dose and carb intake needed. When I stacked it w/ PGF2a, I was going hypo alot more often and a lot easier. Sometimes Id even barf from trying to eat the needed serving of carbs only 1hr after an initial serving and would get so full Id puke. But Id go hypo if I didnt get my blood sugar up. But W/out the PGF, I ussually take 12iu's a day, and very rarely go even a little hypo. Not everyone will need 10g's of carbs per iu either, but it's a good safe place to start. Some will need more then others. When I stack it w/ GH, that reduces my slin sensetivity enough that I could take IGF and slin at the same time and not go hypo. It's all about learning your body. If you decide to do it, err on the side of caution, then learn your body. I learned ALOT about my body and feel more in tune w/ it after learning how it responds to exogeneous insulin.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattris
But Id like to add that other things your taking will effect the dose and carb intake needed.
good point Mattris
Old 04-30-2006, 10:09 PM

I would prefer that we stick with what Basskiller said… and that most folks on these sites see insulin as a dangerous Pro drug… for two reasons really…

1. It is dangerous if you are stupid with it and don’t always respect that it can get you… Since we've all been to places like Walmart to remind us of how many stupid people there really are out there, I just see it as too dangerous. Morons will kill themselves with it, which, in the long run gives the media more material to demonize the whole AAS bodybuilding genre and they don’t really seem to need much in the way of excuses as it is…
2. Because that way I’m sure I will be more jacked than most of the other folks since they don’t use slin and I do lol
Old 04-30-2006, 10:17 PM

you would prefer? Post #1? Bass said that if you have not used it and know what you are doing with it then shut the F%#@ up about it. I agree with that.Just because you know how to read doesnt mean you understand how a substance works and what it can do to you.

Last edited by Rolsroyce : 04-30-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 PM

Default Questions about insulin

Is the reason someone has to start out at say 5 and increase because the body becomes desensitized?

What about insulin dependence? Can this not happen given time and increased doses of insulin? Wouldn't someone using it become diabetic over time?

I am just curious. It seems like a big risk to take and was curious about the effects of short and long term use.

Paul
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgizzmo
Is the reason someone has to start out at say 5 and increase because the body becomes desensitized?

Paul
well you should really start out at 2iu just to be safe, and the reason you should start lower is because insulin is a very powerfull and daneruous drug and you want to be able to assess your own individual response to it slowly and responsibly, take too much test you'll just get a lot of water retention, take too much insulin and it could KILL you.
play it safe
Old 08-01-2006, 08:45 PM

when we say 2 iu's. i know we mean the same as gh units on the syringe, but are all insulin bottles the same--100mgs/10ml? so when we say iu we always just mean 1 click on the syringe?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:31 PM

Default Most danerous drug to play with!

Insulin is a scary drug no one should ever start with a dose as high as 10 units, that is what is usaully used in a clinical setting to lower a blood glucose level of 400 or more,what do you think the average person is at post work out??? 80-90 tops .lol I have seen folks 500 and over get 12 units and go down to 30 in 1 hour flat!!!! and guess what if they are alert enough to drink 8 oz of OJ with 4 sugar packs or with glucotrol sometimes they still need a glucose drip to get over their BS over 60 and not be drueling and think they are singing at the senoir prom. And just imagine taking 10 or more units when your bs is only 80 ....100 carb drink may not catch you in time I dont think most of us out there have a IV to get glucose in fast. My point in a controlled clinical setting with doctors and nurses around its tough enough. If your gonna do it get some glucotrol and start with a lower dose like 2 just to let you know 5 units.....5 units is a usual dose to manage a BS of say 200-250 and these folks been taking the drug for years. So please be careful never take it if you dont got lots of carbs handy and if you feel cold and clamy get some candy.....lots and lots of it lol. sign and symptoms of low BS cool clamy, skin, shaking of extremities,stuper, nervousness,coma ....death!!be safe all.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:30 PM

Thank you Bass,been on several boards which you MOD'd,trust what you say 1000% Thought about using this product,not now,Thanks.....cc
Old 06-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Good post bro you are sooooooooo correct keep the good work up i respect you bro! Thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 07:11 PM

Great advice. I am in the medical field and I see this *^&% all the time when people go hypo and it is serious stuff! Always do your research on ANY medication. There are OTC drugs if taken without knowing the contraindications that can kill you. Especially if you are on presciption drugs and trying to do AAS. Always consult with medical advice. And if your not sure about all the research you do on boards or on google, it doesnt hurt to contact a local pharmacist, anonymously, and ask them what their opinion is also, if you dont want to pay for a medical visit (hint: usually a pharmacist will have better objective evidence than a MD on medicine interactions)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basskiller View Post
If you don't know what saying and haven't used insulin yourself.. Don't be giving out advice on it. Just reading what a few guys post about insulin does not give you the authority to give others advice on the subject.

I swear by that all is holy, I catch anyone giving out dangerous advice to where your putting some newbies life in danger. I will make it my goal to find you and make your life a living hell.

New guys... Take more than a minute and read up on this substance.
It is dangerous and could kill you quite easily if not taken properly.
There is a ton of articles out there.. Read everyone you can and then come forward with any questions

Please....Be careful
Old 07-13-2007, 10:59 PM

I find it simply amazing that someone would rather pump insulin into their body instead of focusing on a strict diet and cardio. I cant count how many patients ive picked up over the years with hypoglycemia. If you think for a minute that you will be able to "feel" when your blood sugar is low - your kidding yourself! When your level drops below 80, you start to loose your clear/normal mental state. People with low blood sugar act like they are drunk or on drugs - if they are still consious.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:46 PM

great post, great thread. lots of good info.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:07 PM

is it necessary to inject insul? cant you get it from foods? does someone actually NEED to?(besides a diabetic)
Old 10-24-2007, 09:22 PM

Good nfor you,bro
Old 03-03-2008, 12:56 PM

I've used Humulin R while bulking, using GH, and AAS and I feel it really helped. I started w/2IU in am, 2IU pre and post workout. I bumped to 8IU for the day and just didn't feel right. I stuck with 6IU/day. I also ALWAYS had a candy bar, or simple carbs w/me because more than once I got sweaty/shaky/ and needed carbs right away. Like everyone else says...BE CAREFUL
Old 04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMent1on View Post
I've heard this numerous time, over and over again. but for some reason can NEVER find a study, could yo upost your findings because it sound like you have.
You won't find any studies because it's simply not true. Pro's and national level bodybuilders have been using slin since the days of Tim Belknap (diabetic since a child) and Rich Gaspari. You almost never run into diabetic bodybuilders and I've certainly never met one that said he did slin and now is insulin dependant for life? I even read an article that explains why this can't happen............would be a miracle for me to find it since it's been so long.

The most dangerous thing that I'm not sure if it's been mentioned is READING THE SLIN PIN WRONG. Guy's will shoot half a slin pin and find out it's 50 iu's instead of 5. Be prepared to park yourself in front of the fridge, because you'll be eating everything and anything for the next 4 hours.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:54 PM

Default How much to take

In my experince I start with 5 to 6 and move up to 12 to 14. With that said I am lucky enough to work closely with a doctor who is very bodybuilding freindy, plus I weight 240 lbs.

I personally dont like the stuff, you really need to have your act together. I have to take carb drinks and quick acting sugar snacks with me everywhere I go. Unless your competeing or live bodybuilding and dont have a life, dont bother. You can still get big on regular gear. The only reason I'm going to do it again is becuase I need to requalify for nationals and I not only want to win my class, but the overall.

But if you insist, do it right, not allot of room for mistakes..

Good luck
Old 05-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMKE7 View Post
i guess its better to see people scared of insulin then everyone going out and trying it.yes, some people will react differently to insulin and CAN hurt themselves.but,statements like OLDBASTARD'S is just false.later
But how can it be false? Maybe you have to use it longer than just a year? Ive read on wikipedia (dont laugh ) that you can cause whatever it is in the pancreas to stop doing its job, making insulin...

kinda the same with test usage right? at least thats what ive read... Using testosterone can damage the ability for youe body to make it yourself... I read that in carlon colkers book... Im really a newbie when it comes to anabolics like this... Ive only practiced eating healthy, Big, and and Often, along with training hard... So feel free to correct me.

Also may I add, I have never used insulin before, I was merely looking to inquire info by asking this question... not to mention everything Ive read thus far, is leading me further and further away from ever using this anabolic! Id rather let my body create itself, I can pig out on 1500 calories over a 1 hour long meal at a buffet, and prolly get the same effects.

Last edited by westside25 : 05-03-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:53 PM

IMO there are way to many products out there that are safe when taken in moderation with good training and dieting 99% of people will make solid gains on. There are some products out there that unless you are making a living with your body and have a legitimate shot at being a top level national BB and ultimately pro most people should stay away from. Many people read these forums and think the only way you can grow is with 1 gram+ of Test a week plus 4 or 5 other compounds mixed in with it for 20 wks. My point is for most people some stuff isn't worth the risk, but then again we are all adults so...
Old 07-28-2008, 03:04 PM

No newb should be even be thinking about using steroids, let alone slin and no newb should be giving advice on an advanced substance.

Research is the key, advice can only be of secondary importance to ones own understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisuperman View Post
when i first started with slin i started with 2 or 3 ius and worked my way to 5iu i have never gone over that i really did not have a need to either
I have never used slin, but after some research if and when i do use, i would start at 2 IU and raise by 1 IU every other workout or so and i probably wouldn't even go over the 10 IU mark at the end of such a venture.

TBH i might just use on workout days and a few days after to increase the uptake of nutrients into the muscle, then carry on taking LR3 thereafter in cycle fashion.

Whatever cant kill me, has allready made me 10 X stronger!!

God made men
Men made steroids
Steroids made gods!

Last edited by SiKbOy : 12-16-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:54 PM

bass what a great post. its so true, your 100% right about insulin though. it has left many people diabetics and has killed people.

i remember you from wcbb. i learned so much about tren from your info. that was years ago. it had to be atleast 6-7 years ago. you where the first person on these boards that i really learned alot from. i havent seen any of your posts in a while and it was a blast from the past seeing this sticky.

your advice has always been spot on. thank you
Old 01-09-2010, 12:01 AM

Thumbs up

AWESOME post Bass, Your the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
If you don't know what saying and haven't used insulin yourself.. Don't be giving out advice on it. Just reading what a few guys post about insulin does not give you the authority to give others advice on the subject.

I swear by that all is holy, I catch anyone giving out dangerous advice to where your putting some newbies life in danger. I will make it my goal to find you and make your life a living hell.

There is a ton of articles out there.. Read everyone you can and then come forward with any questions

Please....Be careful
Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:

Please....Be careful
I've been researching the hell outta of igf and mgf. The problem is, its such a highly debatble topic from the best time to take it, the effective dose, whether it causes hyperplasia in humans. My biggest concern is the timing of carbs and protien. I'm well aware that many inject immediatly after a workout and then make a shake. Doesn't seem safer to have already made ther shake and drink it first, then inject? I'm very nervous of going hypo. Whether I chose to use slin, igf, or mgf; perhaps someone could layout a timing chat of how much carbs/protien need to be ingested immediatly following say an injection of 40mcgs of igf? Also, I've heard that 30-45 mins later to drink another shake and then 1.5hrs later eat a meal with of course carbs?protien. Ok, I hear people saying to use for example after or right before an injection to ingest 100grams of simple carbs and 50g of protien. I've heard people say to use dextrose, carbo gain, or glyco maize. So, what is the best option here? Sorry for all the questions and I know this is an insulin thread but with igf/mgf there is just so much confusion and debate on almost every aspect of this topic. I've been on Hrt for almost 5 years and of course I cycle quite a bit in between. Usually a 4-6 month cycle. I want to take it to the next level by using peptides and/or insulin. I've posted a lot because I know going hypo isn't something to play with and I'm just looking for knowledgable advice before I take it to this level. So once agin, I do apologise for posing in the insulin section. Thanks 2 all that can assit me with gaining some more knowledge.
Respect,

MJ34
Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:

Please....Be careful
great post !!!!!

to each his own