Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Beginner's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beginner's Forum For people who are new to any part of this sport you may ask your questions here without fear of being flamed.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:49 AM

Default Couple questions

I was here before, a long time back and forgot my login. This sorta looks the same, and I recognize some names, but is this the same site as say 10 yrs ago?

2nd, reason for absence, contracted Lyme disease, which set off thyroid disease. Went through hell and back doing numerous rounds of abx, but think I finally got Lyme under control. Thyroid, well, im still trying to get the right dose. Think im pretty close as I feel better than I have in years.

Anyone else go through serious health issues and come back? Ive never been huge or competed(195, 10%bf, 5ft 7) but always in excellent shape. Did have a problem when I first got sick and completely lost my appetite, went down to 154. With treatment I gained back my weight(187) but appetite is still lacking.

Ok, thanks for having me back. Appreciate it!
Old 12-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Biker/Bowhunter Moderator

welcome back...............11

DONT ASK ME SOURCE RELATED QUESTIONS. PERIOD

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishing with the man, what Im saying is, he comes near me I'm puttin him against the wall.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:03 PM

Welcome back! Cheers!
Old 12-23-2017, 07:48 PM

Thanks guys! Good to feel like a man again. Still have my days, today thyroid related hives But keep pushin on and getting stronger. Day by day.

Hey, you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme45 View Post
I was here before, a long time back and forgot my login. This sorta looks the same, and I recognize some names, but is this the same site as say 10 yrs ago?

2nd, reason for absence, contracted Lyme disease, which set off thyroid disease. Went through hell and back doing numerous rounds of abx, but think I finally got Lyme under control. Thyroid, well, im still trying to get the right dose. Think im pretty close as I feel better than I have in years.

Anyone else go through serious health issues and come back? Ive never been huge or competed(195, 10%bf, 5ft 7) but always in excellent shape. Did have a problem when I first got sick and completely lost my appetite, went down to 154. With treatment I gained back my weight(187) but appetite is still lacking.

Ok, thanks for having me back. Appreciate it!
How did you get diagnosed? I live in the south east and doctors are quick to dismiss Lyme. I have all the symptoms for the past 4 years. Everyday is like waking up with massive flu and I feel that way all day....and everything is foggy. I do work out as much as I can but it's pure hell. I've had a Lyme test that came out negative. I had many other tests too....became a science project but still no diagnosis....again, all symptoms point to Lyme.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion1962 View Post
How did you get diagnosed? I live in the south east and doctors are quick to dismiss Lyme. I have all the symptoms for the past 4 years. Everyday is like waking up with massive flu and I feel that way all day....and everything is foggy. I do work out as much as I can but it's pure hell. I've had a Lyme test that came out negative. I had many other tests too....became a science project but still no diagnosis....again, all symptoms point to Lyme.
I had written up a long response, but apparently it didnt go through. That said, Lyme disease is a CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS! No testing is completely accurate. Technically, I do not have Lyme disease. You need 5 bands positive to be considered having Lyme. First western blot test came back with one band positive. The doctor explained to me my immune system wasnt strong enough to create the antibodies to set off more bands. After a 4mo course of 4 antibiotics, I took the test again. I now had 4 bands positive as my immune system was stronger. We didnt test after that, as it was a sure indicator the doctor had nailed it. Not only did I have Lyme, but Bartonella as well. Lyme is usually accompanied by another disease(Bartonella, rocky mountain spotted fever, rickettsia, anaplasma, mycoplasma, babesia, powassan, etc etc).

You probably just has the initial ELISA test. If you cannot find an LLMD(look it up) you at least need a western blot test from IGeneX. If you need more info, pm me. I dont sign in every day, as my schedule is quite busy, but ill try. Good luck!!