Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Anabolic Steroid Discussion Discuss anything related to anabolic steroids.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:16 PM

Default How do lipitor, Metformin, Cozaar and Norvasc affect gains? Cholesterol, Diabetes, BP

After a long family history of high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes that has not been fixed by diet or exercise my doc wants me to be on Losartan with hct + Amlodipine for my high blood pressure, Atorvastin (Lipitor) before bed for my high cholesterol and metformin for my almost close to being diabetic. How do these meds affect muscle gains? Also im wondering if I should go on a lifetime palumbo style keto diet for a healthier body even if I lose some muscle mass gains. Its a bit of a shock that im going through this at only 35 but I must say I did it to myself after years and years of shitty eating and drinking lots of alcohol. Advice?
Old 12-14-2018, 07:24 PM

Been using metformin for about a month. Awesome stuff . Definitely noticed a nice little weight loss from it. As far as the other I have no experience at all. Metformin is good for the whole blood sugar carb issue.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patd8686 View Post
Been using metformin for about a month. Awesome stuff . Definitely noticed a nice little weight loss from it. As far as the other I have no experience at all. Metformin is good for the whole blood sugar carb issue.
What kind of diet do you follow and how much metformin do you use daily? I am running 500 mg Metformin first in the morning with my blood pressure meds (Amlodipine 10 mg and losartan 100 mg mixed with 12.5 mg diuretic HCT). Before bed I take my Atorvastatin 20 mg for the cholesterol.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:31 AM

I take lipitor and bp meds noticed a little fat gone not to much as far as size tho
Old 12-17-2018, 08:00 AM
Donating Member

If you need 5 different drugs to survive, maybe its time to reevaluate your decisions.

Health should always come first. Who cares how big you when you are dead or get sick.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:04 PM

I'm just eating clean right now.. . keeping carbs moderate.. Not counting carbs but I plan to start after new years..... I take maybe 1 metformin a day after my biggest carb meal........ I also just started with berberine.... 2 500mg caps a day... Supposed to be very similar to metformin so I'm going to stick with that for awhile. I don't have a script for the metformin anyway

Last edited by patd8686 : 12-17-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:14 PM

I believe every man over the age of 35 should be taking a statin like lipitor to raise good chloresterol and lower the bad espeacially if you are taking steroids which we all know does the opposite. Anything that helps prevent your arteries from becoming clogged with plaque can't be a bad idea.