Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Training Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Forum Discuss anything related to training. Share your training strategy and technique.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Inner Circle Friend of the King

Default My 10 years and what Iíve learned.

I had someone message me on social media asking for workout advice and I gave him some pointers of things Iíve learned. A week later me messaged me praising me and saying heís feeling confident that he will break his records and for some reason loves training again. A couple more weeks pass and he says he is already seeing progress and keeps thanking me. Heís all natural and just genetically big.
He asked me to start a podcast but thatís not my style. So i figured I would copy and paste it here, and maybe it helps some of you.
Iíve been training for 10 years now. I sit around 240lbs @ 6í and about 11-13% body fat without strict diet and only training three days a week. I used to lift daily for hours. I used to pin 3cc a week. I used to count calories.
Iíve found a healthy balance of home time, a SANE diet, and gear use now only test and dbol. Itís been years and Iím happy. Anyway, here is some scattered advice I gave to him:

He wanted to gain weight and power, so here was my advice :

Honestly one of the worst things you can do is eat clean. Calories are defined as units of energy you obtain from digesting food. Fats have more calories than carbs and protein.
You need calorie dense foods.
Going on a strict diet will restrict your muscle gain. You need to make sure you are consuming more calories than you burn
If you eat clean itís almost impossible to get the calories you need.
One thing you can do is eat clean all day then splurge at night.
As for a diet plan with foods, over the years Iíve learned it isnít necessary. I was on the typical brown rice and chicken diet for years. I was shredded but never massive.
You eat clean all day so youíre balancing your needs with your intake. For example, if youíre active outside you need sodium and carbs. You need to burn that energy and eating clean will give you just the right about of energy to supply what youíre burning
So all day youíre maintaining. Youíre not gaining fat, but youíre not gaining muscle. Youíre stuck.
So eat heavy at night. Iím about to eat two party pizzas with a pound of shredded cheese on it.
I ate clean all day but now I need excess. Excess makes sure your body has everything it needs to build, develop and repair. Youíll also have left over nutrients which eventually are stored, becoming fat.
But you can burn that fat off during the day if you eat clean. That extra fat and be lost during the day by only drinking water and being somewhat physical
The point of eating clean is to manage your macronutrients to get you the most amount of food for the least amount of calories. Thatís why people avoid fat,, because fat has 2 calories to every one calorie from a carb or protein. So basically fat is more calorie dense.

But when you avoid fat youíre probably avoiding essential amino acids. If not, you can supplement but thatís all chemical. Real food beats supplements
The only way youíre going to gain muscle is to eat more calories than youíre burning. But you need to make sure those calories are beneficial.

So eating ravioli is better than eating cake because at least you get protein and carbs
And remember that you have a BMR. It is your rate at which you burn calories. You burn fat for energy when youíre in a calorie deficit. So if you havenít eaten in hours you start burning fat to keep your body alive. Youíll feel hungry, but thatís because your body doesnít want to burn the fat until it needs to. Meanwhile youíre adding calories no. Stop as digestion is happening for hours after you eat
So your rate of burning fat increases as you add more muscle. Your body needs to fuel that muscle.

So sorry bulk man. Just make sure you watch cholesterol.

Food is what makes you gain weight. It doesnít matter how many steroids you take or what supplements you use.

Also, overtraining. I lifted weights for the same pattern for 4 years. Gym 5 days a week. I looked great but I wasnít growing.

Now I go three times a week max. I donít look as good, but Iím just as strong and can have abs usually daily. My cutting back the time at the gym gave me more time for a life and better recovery.

Recovery and food are what make you grow. Stimulate the muscles, but without the right environment to grow, they wonít. They will rebuild and exhaust until eventually they give out.

I keep the same lifting. The same time in the gym. Two hours. So six total hours. Week. Youíre already big. But donít live at the gym. Donít make it your identity. A little fat is ok if you have muscles. So for the America Samoa build. You are strong as hell. And girls love it. Abs are overrated. Just make sure your chest and back is always bigger than your waist. Then youíll be good. Men are supposed to be gorillas. Not slim beach boys.

You can always lose fat later. Gaining muscle takes 5 times as long. So donít ever let a muscle starve by eating too clean
Be big enough so bullets canít stop you

I train different.
People usually build up to a set. Letís say they wanna squat 405. They will do 10 sets with 135, then 225, then 315. Theyíve already exhausted parts of themselves before they hit 405.
So I warm up with 15 sets of 225. Then go straight to 405. Lift 405 as much as I can for 3 sets. Then start decreasing the weight. 4th set is 375. 5th set is 315.

Basically donít work up to your weight. Lift heavy from the dead start. Kill your muscle. Then when you get weak, decrease the weight for a ďburn outĒ.

You gain muscle by lifting more weight. So save your energy for power lifts.

But ALWAYS make sure youíre warmed up. Your warm up sets should never exhaust you. Youíre wasting energy on low weight.

As for rep range, I keep it between 6-10. But it all depends on the exercise.

I donít count sets either. I usually go for 5 sets but sometimes more. Never really count.

Instead I use time.
I will give myself 90 minutes for chest and 30 minutes for triceps. Thatís two hours.

Iíve never had an injury either and Iíve been training 10 years now. NEVER do an exercise that hurts. Never. Ever. If there is slight joint pain stay away.

For example, incline bench press. I canít lift off 315 by myself because it hurts my shoulders. So I do it on the smith machine. Gym rats will talk shit, but Iím twice as strong as them.
Never do anything uncomfortable. Under any circumstance. There are too many alternate exercises

Calcium is important for muscle function. Itís the most underrated nutrient. Calcium floods the muscles for energy so always make sure you have calcium.

Your nerves act off of electricity and two nutrients control that. Sodium and potassium.
So when youíre training hard you need sodium. People in fitness avoid it because of ďbloatĒ. Sodium energizes nerve signal and sodium reduces it

So maybe this helps some of you. Maybe some of you think Iím full of shit. But maybe someone can use some of it.

Again this is just my opinion and whatís worked for me
Old 08-15-2019, 07:11 PM
Euroking Rep

Nice post I enjoyed it

I’m not a pro bodybuilder or a gym rat

I have a very demanding world wide travel intense job and a real family to love and care for

My gym time is 3x per week at about 45 minutes a clip

I’m a master of efficiency speed and concise precise workouts

Tear down and stimulate no need to annihilate

Food food food ..... whole eggs bacon sausage and cheese for breakfast :0)

SEE INTíNTL SECTION WE R GIVING AWAY FREE GEAR

*New Shipping = No source is faster for safe secure pack arrival*
Old 08-16-2019, 10:17 AM

Youíre a monster. I wish I could establish the mind/muscle connection you have to get that growth on 45 minutes. The older I get the more valuable family time becomes.

I spent too long overtraining and under eating (eating too clean)

Iím not a bodybuilder or gym rat wither. I need the gym, but I love being home even more.

Your breakfast sounds like mine.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:31 PM

And beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Nice post I enjoyed it

Iím not a pro bodybuilder or a gym rat

I have a very demanding world wide travel intense job and a real family to love and care for

Iím a master of efficiency speed and concise precise workouts

Old 08-16-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddySwole View Post
And beer!
That's my kryptonite.. I drink 1000 calories minimum from beer daily. A dogfish head 90min has like 300 calories...
Old 08-16-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenolin View Post
That's my kryptonite.. I drink 1000 calories minimum from beer daily. A dogfish head 90min has like 300 calories...
Nooooo donít be an IPA hipster

Dos Equis lager alllll day
Old 08-16-2019, 10:29 PM

Guess that 5yrs makes a difference lol I like all kinds of craft beers, not just ipa... typically ranging abv 7% - 18%.

Outside of my stocked fridge I have 2 bottles of Utopias aging, 10 bottles of 120min, a bottle of colossus and a bottle of fruitfull-fort aging. I probably need to lay off a bit to save up for next year's cycle it's looking to be a few grand with the addition of hGH and primo
Old 08-17-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Sierra Nevada Torpedo here! 7.2 abv.! Love the bite that an IPA has!
Old 08-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Euroking Rep

Quote:
I know itís hard for some people to believe if they donít do it AND have good genetics but I regularly drink 1,000 calories daily of beer

Letís say 3 or 4 beers post workout / pre-dinner

One with dinner

2 after

This is all a minimum mind you

I like my ipa and heavier beers but light lagers post workout go down like nobodyís business!!!!

Lol

Old 08-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Euroking Rep

I have a dogfish head beer that is over 15% alcohol I’ve been saving for about 15 years now

Old 08-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Euroking Sponsored Athlete ICFK

Quote:
I have a dogfish head beer that is over 15% alcohol Iíve been saving for about 15 years now
120 minute?
Old 08-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Euroking Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoudidnt View Post
120 minute?
I Ďthinkí itís a barley wine called Midas Touch

Old 08-18-2019, 10:54 PM
Euroking Sponsored Athlete ICFK

Quote:
I Ďthinkí itís a barley wine called Midas Touch
MT is like 8-9%.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:39 AM
Biker/Bowhunter Moderator

Quote:
Nice post I enjoyed it

Iím not a pro bodybuilder or a gym rat

Iím a master of efficiency speed and concise precise workouts

Amen..............11

DONT ASK ME SOURCE RELATED QUESTIONS. PERIOD

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishing with the man, what Im saying is, he comes near me I'm puttin him against the wall.