Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Beginner's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beginner's Forum For people who are new to any part of this sport you may ask your questions here without fear of being flamed.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:21 PM

Default Did a Dexa scan today for bodyfat

So I definitely let myself go over this last year.
Before I was about 225 mostly at 6í tall not sure of my exact bf% back then but today I had a dexa scan done and Iím 265lbs and 35.5% bodyfat
Most of it in stomach region. Iím only 20% in legs and 23% in arms and neck. Just over 40% in stomach area.

So Iím 170.5LBM
And 93.6lbs fat

What you guys think of my lbm? Is it average or am I not doing too bad for being two months back in the gym.
9 days eating pretty damn good and small amount of cardio each day.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman417 View Post
So I definitely let myself go over this last year.
Before I was about 225 mostly at 6í tall not sure of my exact bf% back then but today I had a dexa scan done and Iím 265lbs and 35.5% bodyfat
Most of it in stomach region. Iím only 20% in legs and 23% in arms and neck. Just over 40% in stomach area.

So Iím 170.5LBM
And 93.6lbs fat

What you guys think of my lbm? Is it average or am I not doing too bad for being two months back in the gym.
9 days eating pretty damn good and small amount of cardio each day.
I donít think 35.5% body fat is average, thatís pretty above. Itís not what we think thatís matters tho. Itís what youíre doing about it to improve yourself and reach your goals. Just remember tho it took time to put on the fat and it will also take time to trim it off.

I recently had a body scan too and was surprised to find out I was at 20%. Since then Iíve visited a nutritionist and she changed my whole diet for me and I couldnít be happier.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ4790 View Post
I donít think 35.5% body fat is average, thatís pretty above. Itís not what we think thatís matters tho. Itís what youíre doing about it to improve yourself and reach your goals. Just remember tho it took time to put on the fat and it will also take time to trim it off.

I recently had a body scan too and was surprised to find out I was at 20%. Since then Iíve visited a nutritionist and she changed my whole diet for me and I couldnít be happier.
Not talking about the bodyfat being average.
Iím askin f my 170.5lbs of Lean body mass is descent for 6í tall
Old 08-08-2018, 07:37 AM
Donating Member

Nice way to start a transformation.
I had a dexa scan done 3 times.

Dont worry if your lean body mass is good or bad since its about to change.
Your almost 100lbs of fat is bad and when you try to drop that you will also drop some lean mass. thats how it goes most of the time.

But the numbers itself is just that - numbers.
Use them to figure how calories, etc but dont go by them.

How you look is all that matters when its said and done.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganKane View Post
Nice way to start a transformation.
I had a dexa scan done 3 times.

Dont worry if your lean body mass is good or bad since its about to change.
Your almost 100lbs of fat is bad and when you try to drop that you will also drop some lean mass. thats how it goes most of the time.

But the numbers itself is just that - numbers.
Use them to figure how calories, etc but dont go by them.

How you look is all that matters when its said and done.
Wish I wouldíve had it done 11 days ago when I stopped drinking. Iíve already been told I look thinner even though Iím only down 2lbs
However the scan guy said my BMR is 2267. With going to the gym that would have to mean at least 2600-2800cals a day but I can only manage to put down 1800 Cals and Iím soooo full. I wake up mildly hungry but feel bloated. Always have
Any ideas? Shouldnít I be starving eating 1800 a day.
Most of it is meats veggies liquid egg whites right out of the carton lol.
And every few days some noodles from a Chinese place before I hit gym.
I canít be getting many carbs at all
Old 08-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Donating Member

If you wake up feeling bloated then you should really take a hard look at your diet.
you might be eating things that does not work well for you, we are all different. Could be some food intolerance.

use an app to track your everything you eat for a week or two.

If I eat too much protein and liquid eqgwhites I get bloated too. I dont think we need as much protein as most of us eat.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganKane View Post
If you wake up feeling bloated then you should really take a hard look at your diet.
you might be eating things that does not work well for you, we are all different. Could be some food intolerance.

use an app to track your everything you eat for a week or two.

If I eat too much protein and liquid eqgwhites I get bloated too. I dont think we need as much protein as most of us eat.
Iíve felt bloated and donít get the same type of hunger stomach pains ever since I started drinking heavy. Which was almost a good 2 years. Day 13 no alcohol so maybe itíll just take time?

Are the deli meats Walmart slices up for you off the big piece of brick meat bad for you? Iíll get pounds of roast beef and turkey and just when itís been a couple hours go to fridge and eat 4-6oz of it out of bag and call that a mini meal lol
Maybe eat a slice of mango
Old 08-12-2018, 11:13 AM

how much are the scans and where do you get them done. script needed?
Old 08-12-2018, 07:29 PM

It was $75 and at my local university. No script.

Just went and saw a buddy who hadnít seen me in a month and he said immediately I look bigger and thinner. A pic down by lake havasu did confirm my arms are pretty big again.
Just need to get below 25% before halloween