Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Discuss anything not related to bodybuilding.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:51 PM

I don't have a paypal account either, is Shaq still around? I'm thinking maybe wu might be the way for some of us to send a donation that don't have paypal accounts also. I also wonder if Jeff's family might want us to donate funds in his name to a certain clinic or hospital that specializes in dealing with folks who suffer from depression and or addictions? Obviously that is something they may want to consider after the dust settles from the shock of his passing. I'm certainly open to hear others thoughts on this, after all Jeff was larger than life and as strong as an ox physically and psychologically and as hard as it is to believe depression even got the best of "The Grizz"
Old 08-05-2012, 11:52 PM

Done, Rest in peace Grizz. God Speed.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:53 PM

Donation sent.. Please send his family my deepest sympathy...Harley
Old 08-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioGrown View Post
Is there any other way of sending donations other than paypal? I dont know how to use it. Maybe W/U or online banking?
You can go to paypal.com and you dont have to have an account, I dont think. I think you can just pay with a credit/debit card without an account.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet5 View Post
You can go to paypal.com and you dont have to have an account, I dont think. I think you can just pay with a credit/debit card without an account.
Your correct, I don't have an account and it just asked basic info with credit card info and it sent it to the email address.. It was easy.. Took one minute..
Old 08-06-2012, 12:22 AM

This is very sad. Griz relationship adivce was honest as it got. I remember the threads of Shaq and griz. And Griz s choice in women probably makes 1/4 of all threads. RIP BRO
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Coldest Super Moderator

Quote:
We don't have any way to take donations right now other than paypal. Setting up a paypal account is easy and free guys. If you want to try and set up WU transaction you can email Shaq at the paypal email addy and see if he'd be willing to do that.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHarper View Post
What about setting up a donations category for sending a amazing array of flowers for the ceremony. I think that would be a great way to show the appreciation, whether you liked him or not. He did do a lot for the forum, good or bad but he seemed to try to be fair and open minded.

I really would have liked to know what was going on. It seems so sudden and I want to know what was his last "straw". I know there is A LOT going on in the world but what was it what made him feel so low he couldn't escape. I think had he let people know, he would have found MANY people here are suffering through the same thing and maybe they could have found some common ways.

Maybe this is a wake up call for a suicide/depression related forum (private maybe) because this stuff that many of you guys use really puts the body through some stress. I would hel talk to people as I've been dealing with this for some time in one form or another and know many people who haev gone the same route as Grizz.

May peace, joy and rest be with him.
He talked to me a lot about his alcoholism and addiction although alcoholism is the one that he struggled with non-stop. He knew what he had to do to get sober. Tiffany sent me a message last night that was really nice. To be honest, if anyone really wants to know, he wanted to go to AA but couldnt get past the issue of not believing in any god. I tried to tell him, he didnt have to believe in any particular thing. I gave him many different examples. He knew how I got sober and knew it wasnt with any conventional or religious "god", but he would just tell me that I was different, not like most people that were in AA. There were times when he was really low, instead of me not pushing meetings or anything (I am not that type of person), I would just finally say, "grizz....please just go to a fucking meeting already". I would tell him not to worry about the god things, just go and check it out since nothing else was working, then he said he would but he didnt. He did go with Tiffany for a couple weeks I think but he ended up just going back to the bottle. The "last straw", I'm sure was he just couldnt take it anymore. He knew he wasnt in any position to do anything to stop, so he just ended it. If only I could have given him a small glimpse of what I have in my life.....to the point that he could have felt it.....then maybe he could have had some willingness. If you cant stop and years of a struggle go by, what other choice do you have when the alcohol and drugs dont do the trick anymore? I've seen it before and have had close friends die, but with Jeff, it affected me more. I had a gun in my mouth before I got sober and felt like i couldnt take it for another minute, somehow I was able to muster up a little bit of willingness. I have already said this here, but if anyone and I mean anyone is struggling and wants to talk about it, feel free to PM me. I dont care if you are new, a vet, whatever......I really am more than willing to help if I can. You really dont have to feel how you are feeling anymore.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:04 AM

rip big guy

what is surreal that i saw him two times at a gym I used to workout at but never met him although I know pp that knew him

I thought "Damn thats a big fucking dude"

Unbelievable how small the world is
Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 AM

Billet5 your a good dude, with a huge heart! I'm glad to read your post, it offers so much to People that have so little hope at times. I hope and pray bro that you continue your life feeling for others the way you do. It is inspiring to see..God Bless brother!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezer View Post
We don't have any way to take donations right now other than paypal. Setting up a paypal account is easy and free guys. If you want to try and set up WU transaction you can email Shaq at the paypal email addy and see if he'd be willing to do that.
WU costs money, you need to drive to go do it and is overall a pain in the ass. Paypal is free, extremely easy and VERY safe. I've had a paypal account for roughly a decade and NEVER had an issue. They actually were very fast/responsive when I bought some knockoff bullshit from eBay and refunded all of my money almost immediately. I don't like their stance on guns, and would never use them to purchase one or anything relating to them (as I've read reports on them freezing accounts about it and shit like that), but I fully, 100% trust them on anything else for any of you wary about setting up an account. I need to put some $$ in my bank account tomorrow to pay bills, but after I see what I have left (times are tough right now), I will be making a donation
Quote:
He talked to me a lot about his alcoholism and addiction although alcoholism is the one that he struggled with non-stop. He knew what he had to do to get sober. Tiffany sent me a message last night that was really nice. To be honest, if anyone really wants to know, he wanted to go to AA but couldnt get past the issue of not believing in any god. I tried to tell him, he didnt have to believe in any particular thing. I gave him many different examples. He knew how I got sober and knew it wasnt with any conventional or religious "god", but he would just tell me that I was different, not like most people that were in AA. There were times when he was really low, instead of me not pushing meetings or anything (I am not that type of person), I would just finally say, "grizz....please just go to a fucking meeting already". I would tell him not to worry about the god things, just go and check it out since nothing else was working, then he said he would but he didnt. He did go with Tiffany for a couple weeks I think but he ended up just going back to the bottle. The "last straw", I'm sure was he just couldnt take it anymore. He knew he wasnt in any position to do anything to stop, so he just ended it. If only I could have given him a small glimpse of what I have in my life.....to the point that he could have felt it.....then maybe he could have had some willingness. If you cant stop and years of a struggle go by, what other choice do you have when the alcohol and drugs dont do the trick anymore? I've seen it before and have had close friends die, but with Jeff, it affected me more. I had a gun in my mouth before I got sober and felt like i couldnt take it for another minute, somehow I was able to muster up a little bit of willingness. I have already said this here, but if anyone and I mean anyone is struggling and wants to talk about it, feel free to PM me. I dont care if you are new, a vet, whatever......I really am more than willing to help if I can. You really dont have to feel how you are feeling anymore.
while you and I don't agree about AA (my experience with it was much different than yours), I do think it's important to have somebody to talk to when shit seems to be coming apart at the seams. Somewhat along the same lines as a sponsor, but the people in the AA meetings I attended were fucking dirtbags that took advantage of people when they were vulnerable. I'm with you on the "if you don't have someone to talk to, drop me a line" thing though. I may not tell you what you want to hear, but I will tell you the truth
Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 AM

PayPal was super easy, as others have stated. I just sent a donation and it took all of 2 minutes, start to finish.

I really hope the donations sent from OLM members will take some weight off his family's shoulders..
“I wouldn’t tell somebody that they weren’t a powerlifter because they only bench pressed, or they only bench pressed and deadlifted, but, what the hell is wrong with squatting? What are you, afraid? I thought powerlifters were supposed to be big, tough guys. Strap your cock on, leave your pussy at home, put a bar on your back and bend your knees!” – ‘Captain’ Kirk Karwoski
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 AM

I've been dreading coming to Outlaw and MU as I knew I would see this post. 10 years I know this guy - 10 years.

I hurt so much.

I'm pretty sure I know what he'd say though - "Suck it up pussy"

Outlaw Members: Are you like a crazy person?
VC: I am quite sure they will say so.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 AM

Jesus. Hate to hear things like this. I will donate some when my wife gets home through her paypal account.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:37 AM

just mailed mine out to someone i know will give it to shaq directly.only way i could since i no longer have a CC nor a debit card.paper only.

just hope his family will get enuff to help with the costs.this is a bad time for alot of us economically especially when you make less than people on welfare but for something like this i think we can all give a few dollars.even if it's just $10-20 from everyone it adds up.so we sacrifice a few days...Grizz was worth it.anyone that's on here is worth it.

still aching and what makes it worse is i can't drown my sorrows in some Bacardi 151 and Coors Lite like i used to.i can't go and get a few bags of skag and shoot a dime piece and calm down and get numb.i been calling my old sponsor for the last 3 days just talking...and crying.yesterday was the first day i think i didn't cry for a little bit cause i was gettin my haircut.after that i had to dip into my emergency stash of the last of my xanax and take one to calm down.

now i have to get another doctors appt to get more in case my attacks flare up again.this shit's no joke.peole say "ya got no will power,that's why you get high!" it goes way further than that.any addict that has some clean time and worked on himslef will tell you that.i'm just thick headed and it took me losing everything and even a few people from this disease to realize it's not fun anymore.stopped being fun when i woke up sick as a dog for the 1st time,when my 1st sponsor for my 1st show told me to take a fucking hike junkie,when all my friends left me cause i went from 230 to about 180 in less than 4 months...it wasn't fn anymore.

if you think you might have a problem then you do have a problem.if you have to ask yourself is what you're doing right you're problly wrong...get help if you need it.don't wait till you're at the point and pm someone while the spike's in your arm...please.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Donating Member

OMG this is awful RIP Grizz you will be missed!

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Board Sponsor

http://www.outlawmuscle.com/forum/sh...46#post1673546
Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM

Thanks for posting this information
Old 08-06-2012, 03:53 PM

I will send what i can...he deserves a proper burial...i am shocked
Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudo8080 View Post
I will send what i can...he deserves a proper burial...i am shocked
I was thinking the same thing. Grizz deserves a good send-off. Really... We should all don loincloths and face paint, steal his body and burn him on a giant funeral pyre.

That's how Grizz deserves to go out.

You might be the only person to ever win an argument with me, but I changed your whole life! Winner: Grizzly. - His Grizzness, on successfully converting me
Old 08-06-2012, 05:48 PM

Very easy to set this up using a paypal account to receive the donations http://www.chipin.com/ I've used it before when donating to charity makes it really easy and keeps track of everything neatly. Just figured I'd throw it out there in case it makes keeping track of things easier.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:50 PM

i know hindsight is 20/20 but snce its came to fruition that so many members that he was showing signs of going off the deep end why not have made a public intervention of some sort?

Jeff, had a damn cult following. Most people struggling that i know, including myself, isolated and pushed people away. He was literally loved and admired by hundreds of people. That said, im convinced he would have never made it this far without the support and love he reveiced from so many people. Like i said hindsight is 20/20 but i just feel with so many aware of the severeity of the issue that much more support and tough love could have helped.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:02 PM

R.i.p. :'-(
Old 08-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Sometimes...its just a hard road to travel. Life has many challenges especially addiction. I hate to see any man go out that way. Rip

*Disclaimer*: JAYDOT is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain & theorize on the use of Anabolic Steroids for intellectual discussion. Any information or advice given out, stated, or implied by JAYDOT is for entertainment purposes only & should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyniQ View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Grizz deserves a good send-off. Really... We should all don loincloths and face paint, steal his body and burn him on a giant funeral pyre.

That's how Grizz deserves to go out.
better find some fucking oak to build the pyre out of for that big son of a bitch