Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Discuss anything not related to bodybuilding.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:35 PM

Default Cure For Child*brain Tumor...THC?

My nephew has Anaplastic Ependymoma and he’s only a year and a half old. He was first diagnosed with a brain tumor in his brain stem this passed February and had three surgeries to relief pressure on his brain, remove the tumor from his brain stem and had a shunt put in to help keep the fluid draining. He also had 30 rounds of radiation to eliminate any trace amounts of the tumor and/or keep the tumor from growing. Radiation was from March-June but we just found out October 1st that the tumor is back with a vengeance. It is back in the same part of his brain stem but has now metastasized and taken over the back of his brain AND his spine. The doctors say surgery isn't an option because it's too widespread and radiation isn't possible because it's too soon from his treatment in the spring/summer. There's nothing more we can do right now other than watch him suffer and wait for a possible study at St Jude's or another children's hospital. The doctors have already recommended Hospice or Palliative Care to help with end of life care. We aren't ready to let him go without trying EVERY means possible...

This leads me to ask has ANYONE had experience with this type of child's tumor OR know of any studies that can help? We have heard that there's an organic oil 70% +THC has to pass pesticide inspection. Also has anyone heard of a dispensary called Jungle Boys in California that may possibly have this? Or any place that will ship this product.

Thanks so much in advance for any help or input...we're waiting for a miracle but also want to do something to help before it's too late.

Last edited by x21z : 10-13-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:46 PM

I heard/watched that injecting a cancerous tumor directly with a weakened Polio virus kills the cancer directly. You may want to research it. This was a legitimate medical study and was on every news channel a few years ago. It just may not be FDA approved yet
Old 10-13-2018, 10:11 PM

PM me. I have a wealth of knowledge on this topic. I lost my gf a fewcyears back to this and spent hundreds of hours researching holistic remedies... Not going into detail, but she was just too far gone, too defeated and didnt have the strength to follow through with everything needed to be done... But there is a way.

And yes, THC/cannabis oil is part of it.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:56 PM

I can help too. Pm me if you need me
Old 10-14-2018, 05:48 AM

Rick Simpson Oil.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:04 AM

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/26/hea...le.com%2F&rm=1
Old 10-16-2018, 05:08 AM

How the polio virus is being used to combat brain cancer
By Susan Scutti, CNN

Updated at 7:59 AM ET, Tue June 26, 2018

Play Video
The front line in battle against cancer 06:22
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Poliovirus can attach to a receptor found on the surface of almost all solid tumor cancer cells
Researchers engineered a safe version of the poliovirus to inject into tumors
(CNN) ó There's a surprising upside to the virus that causes polio disease, new research indicates.
An engineered version of poliovirus improved the overall survival rate of patients with a lethal form of brain cancer, according to results from a phase one clinical trial. Among 61 patients with recurrent glioblastoma who received the experimental therapy, 21% will survive for three years or longer, compared with just 4% of patients treated with multiple sessions of chemotherapy, the current standard therapy.
"This is only the first step, and it's opening the door to multiple new trials," said Dr. Matthias Gromeier, a co-author of the study and a professor of neurosurgery at the Duke University School of Medicine.

Related Article: Can your own immune system kill cancer?
In the next few weeks, the researchers will begin clinical trials on patients with melanoma skin cancer and breast cancer, explained Dr. Darell D. Bigner, a co-author of the study, a professor of pathology and emeritus director of The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke University. "We are encouraged and eager to continue with the additional studies that are already underway or planned."
The research represents an 18-year collaboration with the National Cancer Institute and the US Food and Drug Administration. The safety trial results were simultaneously presented Tuesday at the 22nd International Conference on Brain Tumor Research and Therapy in Norway and published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
Virtues of a virus
Poliovirus can attach to a receptor on the surface of glioblastoma cancer cells, as well as the surface of cells that make up most solid tumors.

Related Article: John McCain's cancer: What is glioblastoma?
"Our strategy did not start out with the intent to use poliovirus in cancer immunotherapy. Rather, Dr. Gromeier made a series of research observations over many years," said Dr. Annick Desjardins, a co-author of the study and an associate professor of neurology and neurosurgery at Duke.
Gromeier discovered that a receptor for poliovirus was "virtually universally expressed on cancerous cells of most tumors," Desjardins said. Burkitt's lymphoma is the only solid tumor that lacks this poliovirus receptor, a key to the door allowing the virus to enter and kill cancer cells.
To create a cancer immunotherapy based on Gromeier's discovery, the researchers swapped out the genetic sequence that allows poliovirus to reproduce in normal cells and replaced it with DNA code taken from rhinovirus, the cause of the common cold.
This was a "safety measure," Desjardins explained, so the new engineered virus could not damage neurons and cause polio. However, the genetic modification does not prevent the hybrid virus from replicating inside cancer cells, a process that releases toxins which destroy cancer cells.

Related Article: Gene therapy helps patients avoid blood transfusion, study says
After conducting animal experiments with the engineered poliovirus, the researchers enrolled and treated human patients diagnosed with glioblastoma beginning in 2012.
Treatment starts with an implanted catheter in a patient's brain, Desjardins said. Next, the engineered poliovirus is infused directly into the tumor through the catheter. Once the total 6Ĺ hours of infusion are completed, the catheter is removed.
At higher dosages of the experimental therapy, some of the patients experienced severe inflammation, which resulted in *******s, cognitive difficulties (including confusion and language difficulties) and other side effects such as nausea. The research team restricted itself to lower-than-hoped doses, yet they still witnessed noteworthy effects.
Overall average survival time for the 61 patients who received the experimental therapy was 12.5 months, compared with 11.3 months for a control group of matched patients who received standard treatment (chemotherapy).
Some of the poliovirus therapy patients have shown -- and continue to show -- remarkable resilience: One who began treatment at age 20 and another who began at age 60 have remained alive for more than 69 months -- nearly six years -- and are still alive today, according to the authors of the study.

Related Article: The future of treatment for glioblastoma
"The two longest surviving patients have actually recurred and been retreated," Bigner said. "With chemotherapy, once patients fail, they are resistant, and they don't respond."
Getting a positive response to a therapy after cancer reappears is "extremely unusual," he said, adding that in these patients, cancer may be "converted" into a chronic disease. "Whenever they recur, we'll just treat them again," Bigner said.
Overall, 21% of the poliovirus patients should remain alive three years after treatment, compared with just 4% of the control patients, statistical analysis suggests.
"We are presently enrolling in a phase two trial combining the genetically modified poliovirus with one dose of chemotherapy," Desjardins said. "We are also enrolling on a trial for pediatric brain tumor patients." Because it is easier to infuse a therapy into tumors anywhere other than the brain, the researchers expect better results when they use this treatment on other forms of cancer, she said.
'Truly astounding'
"Patients receiving the poliovirus therapy have had surprising and promising clinical outcomes," said Dr. Bryan Choi, a fellow in the Cellular Immunotherapy Program at Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and the Department of Neurosurgery at Harvard Medical School. "It will be critical to support the study of this treatment and other immune-based approaches for glioblastoma in larger, randomized clinical trials."

Choi, who was not involved in the new study but who has published research on the topic, said that "the poliovirus, which otherwise causes a horrible disease that we've sought to eradicate for over half a century, has now been re-engineered to instead target and attack another deadly disease, in this case glioblastoma, which is the worst form of brain cancer."
"Perhaps the most promising aspect is the ability for this modified virus to not only directly kill brain cancer cells but to release tumor antigens," Choi said. Antigens are toxins that unleash the body's immune reponse. "The immune system then recognizes these antigens and can mount a potent secondary assault on the remaining tumor," he said.
Follow CNN Health on Facebook and Twitter

See the latest news and share your comments with CNN Health on Facebook and Twitter.
"It's truly astounding that a scourge of the last century has reemerged through scientific innovation to offer so many people hope," Choi said.
More succinctly, Bigner said: "I have never seen anything like that in my 50 years of cancer research."
PAID CONTENT
Old 10-16-2018, 08:00 AM

Brother Iím sorry for the pain your family is dealing with, I donít know anything medically that will help, but I am now and will continue to pray for the boy and your family.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:50 AM

Did you research what I posted bro?
Old 12-30-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectre View Post
Did you research what I posted bro?
Yes, thank you for all your articles and insight on the research being done to find a cure for brain tumors. I've researched so many articles and forwarded them along to my niece. I have a family member that is a brain surgeon (for adults) and has helped our family understand what's going on and what's ahead from a clinical standpoint. He sat us down and walked us through how chemo would be invasive, so hard on this little boy and no matter what (again from a medical standpoint) it would all be the same outcome. He was a candidate for two different chemo studies from St Judes and Cincinnati Children's Hospital but his mom turned them down because of how hard chemo would be on his body without a cure. She wants to go down the THC/Cannabis route but we're hearing its harder and harder to find in it's purest form. She has a medical marijuana card for him and my niece has contacted some growers in California but she's frustrated as doing all that research and there's nothing she can do yet being in Ohio (not a medical marijuana friendly state yet) We're hearing 2019 may bring new possibilities with new laws. She has also had thoughts of moving to Florida or any other states where medical marijuana is legal. I've even offered to fly to California with her to further our research. I've also recommended the keto diet and they've tried to implement that as well. She is still wanting to research and see how pure the oil can be. She has tons of research and possible avenues to find a cure but it's up to her to use them. If anyone happens to have a connection or contact with a safe distributor known to grow or have THC that is medical grade and has a history of helping those with brain tumors, please reach out!

My nephew is still growing and learning what it's like to be an almost 2 year old but sadly the evidence of the tumor taking over is shown day after day. He can't walk, he can barely sit up some days without being "wobbly". He's also on a strong steroid and has gained so much weight (bad weight) in his face and body. It's heart-breaking to watch what he goes through but praying one of these miraculous cures can save his life. I want to thank you all for our continuous prayers and thoughts. Thank you all again for sharing your knowledge. Knowledge is power...
Old 12-30-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x21z View Post
Yes, thank you for all your articles and insight on the research being done to find a cure for brain tumors. I've researched so many articles and forwarded them along to my niece. I have a family member that is a brain surgeon (for adults) and has helped our family understand what's going on and what's ahead from a clinical standpoint. He sat us down and walked us through how chemo would be invasive, so hard on this little boy and no matter what (again from a medical standpoint) it would all be the same outcome. He was a candidate for two different chemo studies from St Judes and Cincinnati Children's Hospital but his mom turned them down because of how hard chemo would be on his body without a cure. She wants to go down the THC/Cannabis route but we're hearing its harder and harder to find in it's purest form. She has a medical marijuana card for him and my niece has contacted some growers in California but she's frustrated as doing all that research and there's nothing she can do yet being in Ohio (not a medical marijuana friendly state yet) We're hearing 2019 may bring new possibilities with new laws. She has also had thoughts of moving to Florida or any other states where medical marijuana is legal. I've even offered to fly to California with her to further our research. I've also recommended the keto diet and they've tried to implement that as well. She is still wanting to research and see how pure the oil can be. She has tons of research and possible avenues to find a cure but it's up to her to use them. If anyone happens to have a connection or contact with a safe distributor known to grow or have THC that is medical grade and has a history of helping those with brain tumors, please reach out!

My nephew is still growing and learning what it's like to be an almost 2 year old but sadly the evidence of the tumor taking over is shown day after day. He can't walk, he can barely sit up some days without being "wobbly". He's also on a strong steroid and has gained so much weight (bad weight) in his face and body. It's heart-breaking to watch what he goes through but praying one of these miraculous cures can save his life. I want to thank you all for our continuous prayers and thoughts. Thank you all again for sharing your knowledge. Knowledge is power...
Glad to hear heís still around. Look into RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) like I previously stated. It works wonders.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:37 PM

Rick Simpson Oil + everything you put into your body for the purpose of jacking up oxygen levels and keeping ph balance.

Too lazy to copy and paste articles from google, but there are numerous studies and work by PhD level, Nobel Prize winning doctors and bio chemists that show that cancer cells die in oxygen rich environments.