Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Discuss anything not related to bodybuilding.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:36 AM

Default Modafinil

Anybody try Modafinil?

I've been unable to tackle some major writing projects because it's so daunting and tedious.

Actually, I got some progress using ephedrine caffeine aspirin stack last night, maybe 4 hours straight of writing.

Before that, I used some dmaa before they banned it for just that reason, major writing assignment.

I don't use pre workouts for workouts or aas anymore. But I've lately considered cognitive enhancers due to desperation.

In researching nootropics, turns out they are like the steroids for "egg heads." Adderall (supposedly meth amphetamine in pill form), Modafinil (supposedly the best, not speed but good for focus), Ritalin.

I saw Gen-Shi modafinil on one of the boards here, so was thinking about ordering. I could probably also go to physician and get legit Rx.

Any experienced users of Modafinil (Provigil) on here? Apparently its only good for short term, like once in a while.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:59 PM

I'm not sure about this drug, or if what I'm about to suggest applies to cognition. But, I do know that I've been taking this stuff called, "Endurance Beets" (from the organic section at Kroger...I'm sure there are plenty of other supplements like it...Super Beets comes to mind) but dude, this stuff is amazing. It gives me good, clean energy. Not to mention, it is super good for you in the first place.

Have you tried some Kratom? The white vein is supposed to be good for this sort of thing, I'm pretty sure. I've certainly used the green vein for energy, and it works.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfits319 View Post
I'm not sure about this drug, or if what I'm about to suggest applies to cognition. But, I do know that I've been taking this stuff called, "Endurance Beets" (from the organic section at Kroger...I'm sure there are plenty of other supplements like it...Super Beets comes to mind) but dude, this stuff is amazing. It gives me good, clean energy. Not to mention, it is super good for you in the first place.

Have you tried some Kratom? The white vein is supposed to be good for this sort of thing, I'm pretty sure. I've certainly used the green vein for energy, and it works.
Yes I've used the white vein kratom and as long as you get legit strain, you're right it can give some amazing focus, like opposite of red vein.

I've never hear of super beets, are they like red beets that you eat out of the ground? Like pickeled beets?
Old 12-05-2018, 08:32 PM

PM me tomorrow and I will let you in what I know about this. This is something I actually have quite a bit of experience with. The beauty of it, is that right now it is not being searched for in a drug tests. I have to submit to blood, urine and hair follicle testing.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBkingpin View Post
Yes I've used the white vein kratom and as long as you get legit strain, you're right it can give some amazing focus, like opposite of red vein.

I've never hear of super beets, are they like red beets that you eat out of the ground? Like pickeled beets?
Yeah dude. Super good for blood flow, and all that related stuff. It's good, clean energy for me. Hell, I quit drinking coffee.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfits319 View Post
Yeah dude. Super good for blood flow, and all that related stuff. It's good, clean energy for me. Hell, I quit drinking coffee.
Is this same stuff? https://www.amazon.com/SuperBeets-Ci.../dp/B06XH2N5JD
Old 12-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Donating Member

Quote:
Anybody try Modafinil?
I have used it. Got some sitting right next to me now.

For me this wasnt anything earth-shattering but it was ok.
I know people who loves it and one person that cant live without it.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:01 AM

try armodafinil. way better. easy to find if you use the trusty internet and google search said word and reddit
Old 12-06-2018, 10:02 AM

you can get dependent on it...i used to take it think people advocate a 5 on 2 off split from my prior bro research. not gonna look it up again but that was the stand out shit i recall
Old 12-06-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M3...L &ref=plSrch Is what I use. I assume Super Beets is similar? I heard about Super Beets a while back on the radio, but never tried it.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:21 AM

I take it. I been taking a couple days off during the week.

I do find helps with focus and getting things done.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2018, 09:32 AM

I bought a bunch of it a few years back - Really all it does for me is keep me awake for hours on end. It doesn't provide any real focus or cognitive benefit, just leaves me tossing and turning for hours when I am finally trying to fall asleep, even when taken early in the morning.

I've taken it a few times during long business trips where I needed to stay awake, and it helped, but it definitely didn't enhance my focus at all.

In Honor of Jeff "His Grizzness" Gerlick