Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Discuss anything not related to bodybuilding.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:37 AM

Default 2018 Ford Raptor or an F250 6.7 ..

If you had to pick one, which would you pick and why? Both are crew cabs and loaded.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandurr View Post
If you had to pick one, which would you pick and why? Both are crew cabs and loaded.
Raptor because Raptor.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Biker/Bowhunter Moderator

Quote:
Well Im in the industry and the new Raptor is unbelievable. I guess it comes down to what you need out of the trucks. If your pulling a 5th wheel or something large then you want the F250 ( new ones are amazing) If you want bad ass go anywhere fast fucking truck the the Raptor is the best..............11

DONT ASK ME SOURCE RELATED QUESTIONS. PERIOD

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishing with the man, what Im saying is, he comes near me I'm puttin him against the wall.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven11 View Post
Well Im in the industry and the new Raptor is unbelievable. I guess it comes down to what you need out of the trucks. If your pulling a 5th wheel or something large then you want the F250 ( new ones are amazing) If you want bad ass go anywhere fast fucking truck the the Raptor is the best..............11
Exactly, this wouldn't be a tow rig. The f250s have to have some balls with 400+ hp and 900+ torques. Have you driven one? If so, how'd it feel?
Old 08-06-2018, 12:11 PM

Super duty all day everyday.

8 lift with 37s on 20 or 22 wheels and those things are badass

After exhaust and tune the superduty has 1000lbs of torque at the wheels.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:09 PM

Or you can get a real truck... Get the hellcat powered Ram when they come out
Old 08-06-2018, 03:30 PM

I liked raptors until i looked into them. So you have a stock height f150 on 35s. Id rather a an f150 with 6 inch lift and 35s with the flooding around here. Raptor has a enlocker and torsion limited slip up front. Get the e locker on the f150 or get a detroit and up front get an e locker, trutack, arb. Raptor has all kinds of cool computer stuff dont need it. The only lift kits for a raptor relocate the fox shocks. Once you loose the fox shocks you loose everything a raptor is. Id go f250 you can level it and run 35s and be way above the raptor. Or go four inch bds lift and run 37x13.50. If your to old to climb into a big truck just get some rims and real 35s not the skinnies from the factory and get the raptor, but put a real bumper on the front.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:30 PM

Tough call..a 6.7 is a blast and suuuper powerful, but with all the new diesel stuff they add onto diesels, to me its not worth it and if u delete it, u void the warranty, or run into other issues.. u may know, but alot of engine work, they have to take the cab off The chassis...diesels are fun, but if ur not towing on the daily, id steer clear only because of the cost of repairs and the new emissions equipment....plus if u live in a cold climate, u have to worry about it starting and gelling up....i know the glowplugs heat up fast these days, but its just a thought,..but hey diesels are awesome, and if u can afford and really are sold on the diesel, go for it..the newer 6.7’s seem to have a good reputation and they’ve gotten the bugs out of the newer year models...gas jobs are just easier and cheaper to work on...that being said the raptor does have 2 turbos u have to worry about going....I think the Raptor is a rarer truck, whereas powerstrokes are a dime a dozen...i like them both, but if it were me, id be leaning toward the Raptor only because of the reasons above..

The only thing i wish the Raptor had was a 6.2 and not the ecoboost v6..

Last edited by bigramon : 08-07-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:42 PM

Miss my old 7.3. Best motor I've ever owned. 300k on it pulling a 30' cargo hauler like it wasnt even there and never missed a beat.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:50 PM

Ahh the famous : 7.3 the best diesel engine ford made....bulletproof. My neighbor has a 95 350 dually and its got 340 on the clock and fires up just like it was new..im waiting till the body rots off and i can buy it off him ��

Last edited by bigramon : 08-07-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbreads80 View Post
Miss my old 7.3. Best motor I've ever owned. 300k on it pulling a 30' cargo hauler like it wasnt even there and never missed a beat.
I had a beautiful 2002 7.3 factory no cat crew cab. Chip, modified turbo, built transmission blah blah blah. Traded it in on a new 2011 back in 2011 and regretted it ever since. Kept the 2011 barely a year.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Biker/Bowhunter Moderator

Quote:
Exactly, this wouldn't be a tow rig. The f250s have to have some balls with 400+ hp and 900+ torques. Have you driven one? If so, how'd it feel?
They will flat out get up and go, put you in the back seat kind of torque. I drive them all the time. With the aluminum body and beefed up suspension and fully boxed frame it's the best Superduty they've ever built.
The raptor with the Ecoboost 3.5 and 10 speed is unbelievable, cant go wrong with either...........11

DONT ASK ME SOURCE RELATED QUESTIONS. PERIOD

I didn't say I wouldn't go fishing with the man, what Im saying is, he comes near me I'm puttin him against the wall.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:54 PM

Id still get the super duty over the raptor. Anyday. Even a two year used super duty
Old 08-08-2018, 01:48 PM

Buy them both lol...my buddy has a 2016 6.7 and the torque and pickup on it is unbelievable...seriously a tough call...theyre both gorgeous trucks..i love the new body style of the raptor...ford done good...
Old 08-08-2018, 02:42 PM

So many valid points made in this thread. Which brings me back to where I started. Undecided AF. Guy at dealership said buy the Raptor hands down as it won't depreciate like a super duty will. From what I have saw the diesels hold their values pretty well in comparison. So to base a decision off that seems trivial as I will only be driving 8-10k miles per year max.

Pros to a super duty is they are a huge truck and look great on 37s and a 6in lift. Being a taller dude over 6'6 it't nice stepping up into something.

Pros to the raptor it's a raptor and that ecoboost power band is super responsive. And unlike the super duty, a raptor is basically done when you buy it. Don't have to color match, buy wheels, tires, lift, etc.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:20 PM

Question you may have driven a turbo diesel but have you owned one ?
Ive owned several trucks. Nothin like a raptor but man my duramax I had was one of my fav vehicles of all time. 12 life 38 tired I could take that thing anywhere.
Used to drive across our rivers here where people go floating.
If youre one of those people who like to dump black smoke on a liberal the F250 is perfect for that too
Old 08-09-2018, 01:01 AM

^^^^ I concur with this guy. Nothing like the torque of a diesel and if you think youll ever be towing anything in the future its the way to go
Old 08-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven11 View Post
They will flat out get up and go, put you in the back seat kind of torque. I drive them all the time. With the aluminum body and beefed up suspension and fully boxed frame it's the best Superduty they've ever built.
The raptor with the Ecoboost 3.5 and 10 speed is unbelievable, cant go wrong with either...........11
Whats the f250s are aluminium now to? Wtf
Old 08-09-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Deezyzzl View Post
^^^^ I concur with this guy. Nothing like the torque of a diesel and if you think you’ll ever be towing anything in the future it’s the way to go
Shoulda known by your name you’d be prejudice towards the f250 lol.. They have a lifted one in the metallic off white color, can’t remembwr specific color code on 37s with a 6in fab tech lift. Only thing missing is the LED heads, pic of truck below.. If I went the Raptor direction it would also be white or the leadfoot is sick also.. White raptor at dealerships pic is below also...

Last edited by Xandurr : 08-09-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: pic
Old 08-09-2018, 03:19 PM

That f250 makes the raptor look like a teens toy.

Also if you want to save a ton of money dont buy one prelifted by a dealer. Theyll charge you out the ass for it.

That truck looks like it needs another 2 lift to look perfect.

If it were me Id do 8 on 38s bare minimum lol
Old 08-09-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman417 View Post
That f250 makes the raptor look like a teens toy.

Also if you want to save a ton of money dont buy one prelifted by a dealer. Theyll charge you out the ass for it.

That truck looks like it needs another 2 lift to look perfect.

If it were me Id do 8 on 38s bare minimum lol
Yeh that's the first thing that I noticed when comparing the 2. Just how much bigger of a truck the f250 was. It's a lariat and has just about everything except the dual panel sun roof and LED heads/tails. Priced at 70k seems to be pretty good considering its already lifted with wheels and tires. To buy it and do all that myself I might save a little bit but not worth the time and effort for a couple k.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Shoulda known by your name youd be prejudice towards the f250 lol.. They have a lifted one in the metallic off white color, cant remembwr specific color code on 37s with a 6in fab tech lift. Only thing missing is the LED heads, pic of truck below.. If I went the Raptor direction it would also be white or the leadfoot is sick also.. White raptor at dealerships pic is below also...

Brah the name is paying homage to our lord and savior Zyzz.

In all fairness Ive never been a Raptor fan. Biggest drawback to a diesel now is the cost of fuel and maintenance over a gas motor.

I have an F150 Platinum in that same off white color.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:07 PM

That 250 is so damn sexy

Had a 2011 or 13 , cant remember, for about a year. 1/2 ton crew can 4wd. Had the 5.0 coyote motor I think it was �� was a kick ass motor in it's own right. Would get up and go no prob and had some pretty decent pulling power. Would yank a boat around like it was nothing.

But still. That 7.3 though.... lol �� once you drive a diesel nothing else is quite the same. That whistle when the turbo kicks in. Especially reprogrammed. Damn I hate being poor right now lol

Last edited by bigbreads80 : 08-10-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:36 PM

Went and test drove both today. Raptor is nimble and quick. Diesel is a monster truck. Sitting up high af is pretty cool and not much beats the sound of a diesel. That being said I’m still torn between the 2.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:03 AM

That diesel is sick......i didnt know it was already done up...i personally dont like the graphics on the side of the Raptor, but thats just me...if u can afford the cost of maintenence, id buy the diesel....its very tasteful looking and isnt obnoxious. Like everyone said, the pickup and power of a diesel is the best..between those 2, id go with that diesel...no question....buy an extended warrantee...hell @ 70k, does 2 grand more for an extended really matter ��?