Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Nutrition Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Forum Discuss anything related to dieting and supplementation.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:33 PM

Default How can I be up a pound

I let myself go pretty bad this last year so much so I didnít even realize how fat I had gotten. 275lbs at 6í
After 8 days Iím up a pound. I havenít been strictly counting my calories but I know for a fact itís been under 2200 if not 2000 everyday.
Iíve been to the gym everyday and walking a mile at the very minimum everyday.
How on earth can I be up a pound?
Measurement around my stomach went from 50.5 to 49Ē and I look overall thinner. Even had two people mention it without me bringing attention to my dieting.

Kinda sucks to see scale go up after 8 consecutive days of pretty damn good eating
Old 08-05-2018, 08:34 PM

Water retention.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtf? View Post
Water retention.
That’s what I’m thinking and hoping. But I’m drinking plenty of water or unsweet black tea and pissing a lot. How can I get rid of this water retention?
Wondering if my estrogen is up too. Maybe need some clomid or letro
Old 08-05-2018, 09:05 PM

And hows your sodium?

Also your body will naturally try to resist fast weight loss by retaining water. There is a theory that water back fills the fat cell replacing the space where lipids were once held. It takes sometime but the water will eventually shed. Google-- "fat loss whoosh effect" by lyle McDonald.

Also dieting increasing cortisol. This will also make you retain sodium and water. Again give it time and this water will eventually go as well.

Be patient. Stick the course.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:46 PM

Sodium could be on high side cause I eat a lot of lean hamburger and beef. About a pound a day of 90/10 hamburger and/or deli cut roast beef.
Some days I do turkey or chicken.

Lots of greens. And juice some greens and fruits for a 4oz shot of vitamins
Old 08-05-2018, 09:58 PM

Just read that and makes perfect sense. And seems to be me spot on. I mean for me a cheat meal would be eating an apple with a scoop of on before bed lol
Iíve been pretty damn good last 8 days.
I wonder what they mean by a cheat meal to make the whoosh come faster. Pizza or fries or what.

I can do the alcohol part lol. But my dwi 8 days ago is part of the reason I quit and got back into dieting. Been back at lifting for almost 3 months solid again and am getting close to my max weights from before
Old 08-06-2018, 05:43 AM

You need to use cheats very sparingly if your over 10% bodyfat. Maybe one cheat or carb load meal every 2 weeks max.

The whoosh will come in time and your body will release the water. Trying to manipulate that effect with shit food and alcohol is a disaster.

Just keep to your routine and let your body naturally sort it out. Dieting and getting rip takes weeks not hours and days. It's a process and takes patients and determination not to let your mind fuck with you.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:13 PM

I can drop and gain as much as 5-7 pounds a week depending on my diet. One week I gained 12 pounds of ever because I ate whatever I want for a week. After going back on track, I got back down to where I was.

I xan also drop as much as 2 pounds of water from a single 1 hour fasted cardio session from water. Water is a very tricky one to deal with. Cortisol as well. Cortisol is your e met when it comes to loosing fat. I'm exhausted every day and have trouble staying awake after meals because I keep my cortisol levels crushed while I'm trying to prep. It's exhausting but it keeps you lean.

I switched from long esters to all,short esters shot every other day. It's just much easier to control the estrogen and everything that way. I without a doubt holed less water on prop.

Bottom line is I hate watching the scale to signify gains made, and even fat loss. Too many variables and weight doesn't always mean progress. I'm weighing everyday now, but I'm in a good holding pattern, so my body will let me know what to do from day to day.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:58 PM

What do you take to keep cortisol levels low?
Dumb question but is that testable from blood work? Iím going into doc next week
Old 08-12-2018, 12:04 AM

Ya you can test for cortisol.

Tren is a cortisol killer though. It blocks cortisol in your body, which also,happens to be a stress fighting hormone. This is why you can have pretty bad anxiety from tren. Cortisol goes up during times of stress. Going too long without eating and physically being hungry, will drive cortisol up.

That's why I eat every 2-3 hours. Even if I'm not hungry, I eat. A lot if times I'm physically exhausted to the point of falling asleep with no control, after eating. This is me crushing my cortisol levels and it causing lethargy.

Once I learned that there are so many more hormones that play a role other than AAS, I began to understand how to utilize everything I did better. Even meal timing.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:48 PM

I have cutmix on the way. So youíre saying the tren in it will block the cortisol?
I love my sides on tren. Usually crazy ass dreams and lots of sweat.
No limp dick or anything like that.

And after this last week. Iím down 3.2lbs. It really dropped this last week pretty good