Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Beginner's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beginner's Forum For people who are new to any part of this sport you may ask your questions here without fear of being flamed.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:01 PM

Exclamation Obese to in shape

So Iím 6Ē tall 300lbs obese, 38 3/4 years old, 10 years ago I was in good shape obviously not now. Back in the gym 6 days a week middle of week 3. I just started 500mg Test C four days ago, Iím wanting to stay on 500mg a week. This is my first time ever taking Test. What can I expect if I keep my fat ass in the gym?
Old 01-16-2019, 09:12 PM

Things should move along quicker especially if you had low t. With high body fat watch your estrogen level. With all the weight on you watch your blood pressure. Cardio should be priority one and weights two. Your body will thank you once you get that weight off your joints.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:15 AM
Donating Member

Congrats on the beginning of your journey. Im 4 months in after a 4 yr break myself (log going in the Training Forum).

With the test I would say you may experience some water weight gain and also to keep in mind that you will be gaining muscle for a time while losing fat so keep in mind that you should log your scale results and waist measurements each week to see your ongoing progress. For example if you lose 2lbs of fat and gain 2lbs of LBM, your scale weight is still the same but your waist measurements will be decreasing.

In my opinion priority should be minimizing muscle loss while dieting. This could make the difference of up to half of what you need to lose to reach a certain body fat percentage/look. With this in mind I would say no cardio for the time being. You should be able to lose fat consistently each week with just dieting and lifting. Cardio burns a ton of calories but up to half of what it burns can come from muscle. Again its just my opinion but I would wait and add the cardio in later.

And this is just a suggestion but I would suggest getting accurate body fat testing done throughout your diet. This will show you your progress, how much further you might have to go and whether your losing too much from LBM along the way.

https://www.cosmed.com/en/contact-us/test-site-locator
Old 01-17-2019, 06:28 PM

I'm going to be completely honest, this entire thing is really **fu**ed up, you should not even consider touching Test at 300lbs (35%-40% bf likely), you have not lifted in 10 years, you have insulin resistance at that weight. Your muscles and nervous system have not adapted to anything because you've only been working out a few weeks.

So....you need to train for a while consistently, drop at least 60 lbs and then revisit the idea. For you I would consider a low carb/keto diet, GW50165 and maybe a peptide/low dose of GH, if your looking for a little extra help. I wouldn't even recommend an ECA stack for you at that weight, your only 6FT tall at 300lbs...500MG of test is one bad idea for you!!-just my two cents , be smart stay safe, your BP would be ridiculous on Test.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:00 PM
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromwell1234 View Post
I'm going to be completely honest, this entire thing is really **fu**ed up, you should not even consider touching Test at 300lbs (35%-40% bf likely), you have not lifted in 10 years, you have insulin resistance at that weight. Your muscles and nervous system have not adapted to anything because you've only been working out a few weeks.

So....you need to train for a while consistently, drop at least 60 lbs and then revisit the idea. For you I would consider a low carb/keto diet, GW50165 and maybe a peptide/low dose of GH, if your looking for a little extra help. I wouldn't even recommend an ECA stack for you at that weight, your only 6FT tall at 300lbs...500MG of test is one bad idea for you!!-just my two cents , be smart stay safe, your BP would be ridiculous on Test.
Agree.

See a doctor, have blood work. Ask for some phentermine.
Starting a test cycle 3 weeks after starting to work out makes no sense.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:39 AM

The thing that stands out to me is how bad someone's diet must have been to get to 300lb. I hope you have that majorly corrected and aren't just " well I'm trying to be better ". You're playing with fire. I hope you recognize that.