Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Discuss anything not related to bodybuilding.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:54 PM

Default Why the fuck am I gaining so much weight?

I don't fucking understand. I've been on a small ass cycle for only 14 days. Just finished a 2 week of clen. I went from a pre cycle weight of around 187 and am sitting at 197 today. Ive been logging my calories, been putting in a shit ton of cardio, rarely make it over 3,000 calories a day and normally around 2,500. Carbs normally <250g. Getting a minimum 180-220g protein. Busting my ass in the gym to try to cut up and weight is coming on like crazy. Only 14 days shouldn't be enough time for any test to be doing much. Am I missing something? I look lean and vascular as hell, but I really wanted to stay at 180-185 to really get conditioned. It seems like weight is just piling on right now regardless of my calories. Only thing I can think of is the qukity of food I am eating is far beyond anything I've regular eaten in years.

Why nunbers are y'all cutting at? I'm around 25-3k now which should bare minimum maintain, especially on clen and the amount of cardio I'm getting in.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainstony View Post
I don't fucking understand. I've been on a small ass cycle for only 14 days. Just finished a 2 week of clen. I went from a pre cycle weight of around 187 and am sitting at 197 today. Ive been logging my calories, been putting in a shit ton of cardio, rarely make it over 3,000 calories a day and normally around 2,500. Carbs normally <250g. Getting a minimum 180-220g protein. Busting my ass in the gym to try to cut up and weight is coming on like crazy. Only 14 days shouldn't be enough time for any test to be doing much. Am I missing something? I look lean and vascular as hell, but I really wanted to stay at 180-185 to really get conditioned. It seems like weight is just piling on right now regardless of my calories. Only thing I can think of is the qukity of food I am eating is far beyond anything I've regular eaten in years.

Why nunbers are y'all cutting at? I'm around 25-3k now which should bare minimum maintain, especially on clen and the amount of cardio I'm getting in.
I'm eating 2900 right now to maintain my current weight.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:07 AM
PharmaComStore Rep

Right now I'm right around 2900 calories. No cardio but I'm on a pretty good cycle so I'm actually cutting and gaining size. I only eat carbs once a week if you're like me and you could be carb sensitive 250 carbs for me even under my maintenance calories is pretty hard for me to cut on. You may want to drop the carb some and raise your protein and fats a little or try carb cycling

Use code "OLM" for a additional 10% Discount
Old 05-14-2018, 01:57 PM

It's probably a tumor Just messing. What is your small ass cycle exactly?
Old 05-14-2018, 05:01 PM

You are over 1’gram of carbs and 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. When i was cutting my carbs would be limited to 100 grams. And that was at a weight over 250. When they did the skin fold test for a job a fed training center i clocked in at 258 pounds at 12%.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:35 PM

I mean normally I'm not too carb sensitive. Last time I cycled I was recomping on anything less than 280 grams of carbs. Granted its been a little while since I've been after it this hard, if everyone remembers last time I was after it. My protein is definitely high. Its important for me to get it about 200g and keep it there daily. I try to hit 240-250 but honestly some days I only hit 180. My fats almost are always 65-90g a day. It fluctuates, but I never have problems getting pretty lean with high fats. I just assumed even at 25-3k cals, ten pounds in 2 weeks is a little steep. Even if I have started holding a little water, I should be staying steady. As I get older its getting harder to dial things in.

I am on a small cycle. I just dont plan to cycle big anymore, theres not reallly a need.

week 1-10: Test E - 250mg/wk
week 1-2, 9-10: Clen - 120mcg/day
week 5-10: Anavar - 50mg/day

and thats it. Just nice and small. I'm gaining fantastically even before this while all natural because my diet is so much better. I just went from 202 down to 185 since March 5 right before I got on cycle and then BAM. gained 10 lbs like that.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgumby View Post
Right now I'm right around 2900 calories. No cardio but I'm on a pretty good cycle so I'm actually cutting and gaining size. I only eat carbs once a week if you're like me and you could be carb sensitive 250 carbs for me even under my maintenance calories is pretty hard for me to cut on. You may want to drop the carb some and raise your protein and fats a little or try carb cycling
I do the same one to two carb meals and hardcore keto the rest of the time. When done properly keto results in big time muscle growth for me along with fat loss.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I mean normally I'm not too carb sensitive. Last time I cycled I was recomping on anything less than 280 grams of carbs. Granted its been a little while since I've been after it this hard, if everyone remembers last time I was after it. My protein is definitely high. Its important for me to get it about 200g and keep it there daily. I try to hit 240-250 but honestly some days I only hit 180. My fats almost are always 65-90g a day. It fluctuates, but I never have problems getting pretty lean with high fats. I just assumed even at 25-3k cals, ten pounds in 2 weeks is a little steep. Even if I have started holding a little water, I should be staying steady. As I get older its getting harder to dial things in.

I am on a small cycle. I just dont plan to cycle big anymore, theres not reallly a need.

week 1-10: Test E - 250mg/wk
week 1-2, 9-10: Clen - 120mcg/day
week 5-10: Anavar - 50mg/day

and thats it. Just nice and small. I'm gaining fantastically even before this while all natural because my diet is so much better. I just went from 202 down to 185 since March 5 right before I got on cycle and then BAM. gained 10 lbs like that.
Hell that nice man. You're body probably really needed that break. Now its primed and fresh again. Can get away going small and getting big. Something I probably need to start thinking about.
Enjoy it!👍
Old 05-15-2018, 11:31 PM

Its probably water. If i remember you had anfew posts about gyno. Also i think you said anytime you ise dbol you had to use nolva with an anti e. So im guessing you aromatise easily. Got a simple blood pannel planned for estro levels?
Old 05-18-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
It's probably a tumor?
Hahah. That’s cold blooded man

Was he the greatest of all time? No idea, it's an impossible standard. Who cares? He was awesome, and that should be enough.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbskull21 View Post
Its probably water. If i remember you had anfew posts about gyno. Also i think you said anytime you ise dbol you had to use nolva with an anti e. So im guessing you aromatise easily. Got a simple blood pannel planned for estro levels?
Ya, I'm about 99% sure that my gyno was caused by 100mg dbol with no AI. I bloat a little, but don't seem to be effected gyno wise until I start popping dbols. They do a number on me.

I went ahead and bumped down my calories. I've been logging and meal prepping. Dropped my carbs about 100g a day. I'm right around 180-200g protein, 140-180g carbs and 70-100g fat. I've been shooting for 2,200 but keep finding myself stretching it to 23-2400 to get in a little extra protein. All in all I think that should still be fine to cut on for me. I took a lot more junk out of my diet. Mostly eggs, chicken breast, rice, oatmeal,veggies and fruit. I still eat a little much red meat from day to day, but hell, I'm Texan and thats just a requirement. I'm just gonna keep watching the scale and the mirror and keep trying to dial thats macros into the sweet spot.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:15 AM

What are you taking? How's your sodium intake? Especially vs potassium and magnesium. Maybe it's gyno.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Ya, I'm about 99% sure that my gyno was caused by 100mg dbol with no AI. I bloat a little, but don't seem to be effected gyno wise until I start popping dbols. They do a number on me.

I went ahead and bumped down my calories. I've been logging and meal prepping. Dropped my carbs about 100g a day. I'm right around 180-200g protein, 140-180g carbs and 70-100g fat. I've been shooting for 2,200 but keep finding myself stretching it to 23-2400 to get in a little extra protein. All in all I think that should still be fine to cut on for me. I took a lot more junk out of my diet. Mostly eggs, chicken breast, rice, oatmeal,veggies and fruit. I still eat a little much red meat from day to day, but hell, I'm Texan and thats just a requirement. I'm just gonna keep watching the scale and the mirror and keep trying to dial thats macros into the sweet spot.
Have you calculated your BMR and your TDE to confirm you are actually in a caloric deficit?
Old 05-20-2018, 07:45 PM

My BMR isnt that high. Maybe 2200.

I cut a lot of the snacks I was eating out. Albeit they were still healthy protein filled. I'm eating 3 square whole meals now, a protein shake pre workout everyday, and sometimes can squeeze in something small before bed to keep me from snacking. Either regular greek yogurt, or 1% cottage cheese.

I'm not giving up my shake. It helps with the sugar cravings and my workout timings when I have been at work and havent gotten in something to eat.

3 meals right now is just whats easiest for me to hit my macros in. I try to get 21-2200. I'm right above 2200 most days. But I sometimes go over just to get my shake in. I'm okay with that.

I'm pretty sure it was the 250g of carbs I was eating. I flattened out a lot, but thats gonna happen, but once my carbs got down to ~180g a day then everything tightened up a little and my vascularity began to increase. So I'm daily weighing right now to fine tune everything.