Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Nutrition Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Forum Discuss anything related to dieting and supplementation.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbreads80 View Post
I like Dymatize ISO 100. Good clean product. I'll add a scoop to what i already make homemade for extra protein
Yep, this is my choice of protein as well.

5'11
76KG
B.F - Unknown
Current Situation - Training Naturally, Feeling Great, Getting Stronger
Old 05-13-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock View Post
Anyone use casin protein? I used proteins with it as one of the ingredients but not sure if it would be good by itself...Redrock
What about protein blends?
I just stick with whey protein, as a top up in addition to my food.
But there’s a number of supplements out there that have a mix of proteins each with different absorption rates.
You may want to look into that?

5'11
76KG
B.F - Unknown
Current Situation - Training Naturally, Feeling Great, Getting Stronger
Old 05-14-2018, 12:12 AM

Protein is all the same IMO. I buy the best tasting at Walmart and it may last a month. I maybe drink a shake a day. Sometimes none the all. Only time I use a shake is either if I got to long without food at work and want a workout on the way home or sometimes a snack during the day. I'll mix a scoop with milk and yogurt and some ice to give me something sweet to hold me over.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgumby View Post
Check out Titan nutrition. Some of the best out there. I use that, dymatize and eat the bear mostly
where to buy?

on their site price is quite expensive for retail priced products they claim to make,,,
Old 07-02-2018, 07:28 PM

anyone tried americanpurewhey? Prices are insane, I am curious if its any good. They sell in bulk up to like 50 pounds.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:53 AM

GNC as much as I hate the sales people has WHEYOBOLIC which is HYDRO whey and whey iso ... it also has extra Leucine and aminos thrown in with velositol or whatever they call it a chromium based supp that is supposed to help insulin spike and imp the protein intake... Its also not bad priced for Hydro 3lbs or bit more for 50 bucks considering its loaded with extra as well... Their regular line though is not good...they had been amino soiking with the cheaper line but the AMP wheybolic tested good
Old 07-03-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoudidnt View Post
Pea protein from bulk supplements.
I hope this is a joke
Old 07-03-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
I hope this is a joke
Nope.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoudidnt View Post
Nope.
Some say pea protein is not even a complete protein... I think it is from a quick search but seems to be lacking in essential aminos and I assume whey protein is much better...
UNLESS your vegan id stick with whey and blends... like whey,egg,casein,etc I prefer blends to one source... But even if vegan id suggest a blend with diff veg protein sources

Last edited by DonkeyKong : 07-04-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
Some say pea protein is not even a complete protein... I think it is from a quick search but seems to be lacking in essential aminos and I assume whey protein is much better...
UNLESS your vegan id stick with whey and blends... like whey,egg,casein,etc I prefer blends to one source... But even if vegan id suggest a blend with diff veg protein sources

Pea protein gives me zero issues. I mix it with other foods.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:18 PM

Default Workout day

I know the question is "what are good Protein sources", but I would like to answer the question in a round about way.

In my 40 plus years of lifting 100 percent consistent, I finally found a pre workout day diet regiment that really works for me. I don't no why it took me forty fucking years to realize I need to be eating for my workout. Note: I generally go very light or no carbs breakfast and dinner.
Gear should also be noted: 700mg cyp/week, 250mg sust. preworkout morning, 600mg GP deca from naps/week.
My workout day diet is as follows: (drink like 1 gallon of water up to the workout)
Breakfast 8:30: 6 eggs, 25 grams of whey, 1 teaspoon of creatine, 1 kiwi (for vitimins, minerals, and fructose for creatine intake), and 2 cups milk
Lunch 12:00: Here's were you all go WTF. I eat 2 double quarter pounders at Mcdonalds (100 grams protein), 1 teaspoon of creatine and a small frutose source.
Preworkout 3:00 50 grams whey, 1 teaspoon of creatine, 1 kiwi for the creatine and to spike insulin.
Workout at 3:45 a drink tons of water. Holy fuck do I get pumped.

Postworkout 25 grams whey, 1/2 teaspoon of creatine and frutose. and then eat your chicken, steak, salmon, tuna, etc. Again personally cheat on carbs pre workout only. I'm 6-8 percent body fat.
The whey protein is actually pro50 chocolate flavored Muscle Milk
Don't knock what you haven't tried.

Last edited by visual07 : 07-04-2018 at 07:28 PM. Reason: correcting
Old 07-28-2018, 09:30 AM
Direct Rep

I like a lot of what you’re saying but disagree with 2 double quarter pounders ed. Maybe 1 or 2 times max. Also if you like muscle milk, more power to ya but I think it tastes like shit. Also according to the study of the absorption rates of a tone of different protein products, this one ranks near dead bottom. But like I always say, do what works for you... Redrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by visual07 View Post
I know the question is "what are good Protein sources", but I would like to answer the question in a round about way.

In my 40 plus years of lifting 100 percent consistent, I finally found a pre workout day diet regiment that really works for me. I don't no why it took me forty fucking years to realize I need to be eating for my workout. Note: I generally go very light or no carbs breakfast and dinner.
Gear should also be noted: 700mg cyp/week, 250mg sust. preworkout morning, 600mg GP deca from naps/week.
My workout day diet is as follows: (drink like 1 gallon of water up to the workout)
Breakfast 8:30: 6 eggs, 25 grams of whey, 1 teaspoon of creatine, 1 kiwi (for vitimins, minerals, and fructose for creatine intake), and 2 cups milk
Lunch 12:00: Here's were you all go WTF. I eat 2 double quarter pounders at Mcdonalds (100 grams protein), 1 teaspoon of creatine and a small frutose source.
Preworkout 3:00 50 grams whey, 1 teaspoon of creatine, 1 kiwi for the creatine and to spike insulin.
Workout at 3:45 a drink tons of water. Holy fuck do I get pumped.

Postworkout 25 grams whey, 1/2 teaspoon of creatine and frutose. and then eat your chicken, steak, salmon, tuna, etc. Again personally cheat on carbs pre workout only. I'm 6-8 percent body fat.
The whey protein is actually pro50 chocolate flavored Muscle Milk
Don't knock what you haven't tried.