Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Discuss anything not related to bodybuilding.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Ulamalop's Avatar
Ulamalop Ulamalop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Watching U jr. play SLB
Posts: 2,834
Default When you think you've seen it all...

So one of these new years resolution types, not fat, not muscular, maybe 30 something, 185lb bench guy...anyway...he comes to me in the squat rack and asks if I'll spot him on a max bench. I said yes and as we walk to his bench, he's all excited to "get 405 tonight". Caught me off guard but, I did go to college with a 135lb wrestler who pushed 365 like it was nothing so I think, "ok." I shit you not...his bench has 225 loaded on it and I ask, "how much is this?" He says "4 plates, 405" and I chose not to burst his bubble before his attempt, which he got. I did let him in on it though before he went to facebook.
__________________
Ulamalop is a fictional character, and not an actual hottie. Ulamalop is, however, a hottie enthusiast.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-10-2018, 01:57 AM
hwntime's Avatar
hwntime hwntime is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Where the sun sets
Posts: 2,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulamalop View Post
So one of these new years resolution types, not fat, not muscular, maybe 30 something, 185lb bench guy...anyway...he comes to me in the squat rack and asks if I'll spot him on a max bench. I said yes and as we walk to his bench, he's all excited to "get 405 tonight". Caught me off guard but, I did go to college with a 135lb wrestler who pushed 365 like it was nothing so I think, "ok." I shit you not...his bench has 225 loaded on it and I ask, "how much is this?" He says "4 plates, 405" and I chose not to burst his bubble before his attempt, which he got. I did let him in on it though before he went to facebook.
That is funny. What's funnier is the donkeys in the gym loading up the thick 25lbs black bumper plates and squatting or deadlifting. Yeah, it looks impressive having 6 plates on each side but it's only 345, not impressive!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2018, 08:34 AM
bigbreads80's Avatar
bigbreads80 bigbreads80 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
That is funny. What's funnier is the donkeys in the gym loading up the thick 25lbs black bumper plates and squatting or deadlifting. Yeah, it looks impressive having 6 plates on each side but it's only 345, not impressive!
We just got some of those at our gym. Big, full sized plates, that weigh 10 pounds. 10 friggin pounds. Look like 45s. I did have a little fun on fb with them though , making a pic of me curling almost 300 pounds. Was more like 80 lol. Got a few to believe me
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-11-2018, 11:12 AM
blacksheep115 blacksheep115 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulamalop View Post
So one of these new years resolution types, not fat, not muscular, maybe 30 something, 185lb bench guy...anyway...he comes to me in the squat rack and asks if I'll spot him on a max bench. I said yes and as we walk to his bench, he's all excited to "get 405 tonight". Caught me off guard but, I did go to college with a 135lb wrestler who pushed 365 like it was nothing so I think, "ok." I shit you not...his bench has 225 loaded on it and I ask, "how much is this?" He says "4 plates, 405" and I chose not to burst his bubble before his attempt, which he got. I did let him in on it though before he went to facebook.
I appreciate the spot though!
__________________
Sources with no probs so far:

RoidsSeek
UGfreak
IA
GBN
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Ulamalop's Avatar
Ulamalop Ulamalop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Watching U jr. play SLB
Posts: 2,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbreads80 View Post
We just got some of those at our gym. Big, full sized plates, that weigh 10 pounds. 10 friggin pounds. Look like 45s. I did have a little fun on fb with them though , making a pic of me curling almost 300 pounds. Was more like 80 lol. Got a few to believe me
Those are to be used with technique bars to learn the overhead lifts.
__________________
Ulamalop is a fictional character, and not an actual hottie. Ulamalop is, however, a hottie enthusiast.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2018, 12:21 AM
hwntime's Avatar
hwntime hwntime is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Where the sun sets
Posts: 2,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulamalop View Post
Those are to be used with technique bars to learn the overhead lifts.
Yeah, but douches at the gym squat and deadlift with them to make it seem like they're strong. They can't even squat 3 plates yet they're loading up 6 rubbers on each side. Impressive, said no one ever
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2018, 06:00 AM
Mack's Avatar
Mack Mack is online now
EK Rep
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Thailand
Posts: 6,068
Default

I was at a brand new golds gym last week

Had a deadlift platform with loads of those types of plates

315 looked more like 495 and it psyched me out

Could not pull it

I went and got another guy and we ‘team’ pulled it

I felt good about myself then
__________________
"You need to spend some TIME in between the plates bitch."
EUROKING Men of Integrity, Men of their Word. Guaranteed Delivery Highest Quality Products Www.euroking-gear.co New Shipping Method means No source is faster.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Ulamalop's Avatar
Ulamalop Ulamalop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Watching U jr. play SLB
Posts: 2,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Yeah, but douches at the gym squat and deadlift with them to make it seem like they're strong. They can't even squat 3 plates yet they're loading up 6 rubbers on each side. Impressive, said no one ever
The flip side are the red 25Kg plates, about half as thick as most 45s but when you have 4 on each side, you're at 465.
__________________
Ulamalop is a fictional character, and not an actual hottie. Ulamalop is, however, a hottie enthusiast.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2018, 09:12 AM
Skin&Bone's Avatar
Skin&Bone Skin&Bone is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 5,385
Default When you think you've seen it all...

Lmao
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2018, 06:22 PM
MorganKane's Avatar
MorganKane MorganKane is offline
Donating Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep115 View Post
I appreciate the spot though!
yeah like you could bench 225, keep dreaming buddy
__________________
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-13-2018, 06:31 PM
stbizzle's Avatar
stbizzle stbizzle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,378
Default

Thanks allot dream crusher
__________________
A Fire Starts Small But It Quickly Gets Up
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-13-2018, 06:33 PM
stbizzle's Avatar
stbizzle stbizzle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,378
Default

We've all added the weights wrong at some point
__________________
A Fire Starts Small But It Quickly Gets Up
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-14-2018, 11:37 PM
metooharley metooharley is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Northern Ca.
Posts: 2,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stbizzle View Post
We've all added the weights wrong at some point
NO
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:46 AM
stbizzle's Avatar
stbizzle stbizzle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metooharley View Post
NO
200lbs isn't that big of a deal
__________________
A Fire Starts Small But It Quickly Gets Up
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-17-2018, 09:51 AM
Vin Deezyzzl Vin Deezyzzl is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulamalop View Post
The flip side are the red 25Kg plates, about half as thick as most 45s but when you have 4 on each side, you're at 465.
485
__________________
this is all hypothetical of course
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-17-2018, 11:42 PM
alphamale305 alphamale305 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11
Default

Well what I see normally in my gym is guys normally load up the shrug machine and do some half assed minimal range shrug and think they got strong traps lol
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-18-2018, 06:30 AM
almonster almonster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: tampa
Posts: 616
Default

i walk in to my gym. do my own thing and pay no attention to these ego lift clowns
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-18-2018, 10:10 AM
Destructos's Avatar
Destructos Destructos is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,852
Default

I spotted a young laddy who had about 380 on the bench and thought he looked awful light. I pulled it off the pegs for him and when I let go, it went straight down to his chest and stayed there. I had to pull it off him and I'm still not over that L5 S1 back surgery.

both my rotator cuffs have been gone through and the right one will be forever fucked so I'm doing sets of 20 reps on bench. I used to bench like a power lifter and now I bring my knees towards my chest, back flat, feet in the air and as wide as the pegs will let me, then move in and eventually get to close grips.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.