Go Back   OutlawMuscle Forum > Nutrition Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Forum Discuss anything related to dieting and supplementation.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:09 PM

Default Best protein out there right now?

What do you guys think the best brand of protein is right now? And also what kind of proteins? So many different ones right now. I can’t keep up...
Is it just me or do you find it difficult to get all the protein that is recommended daily. Thanks

Redrock...
Old 02-24-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock View Post
What do you guys think the best brand of protein is right now? And also what kind of proteins? So many different ones right now. I can’t keep up...
Is it just me or do you find it difficult to get all the protein that is recommended daily. Thanks

Redrock...
Pea protein from bulk supplements.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:40 AM

I like Dymatize ISO 100. Good clean product. I'll add a scoop to what i already make homemade for extra protein
Old 02-26-2018, 01:52 PM

Cinnamon roll from MyProtein. Just got 11lbs for 55$ .. Honestly the most delicious protein I've ever had. Their chocolate mint is close 2nd.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:27 PM
EK Rep

Dymatize is good shit

Me?

Eggs
Greek yogurt
Muscle Milk
Met RX cookie dough bars (2x a day)
Strip steak

###
Old 02-26-2018, 07:28 PM

Optimum Nutrition! Tastes great,mixes easily with water and you can get 6lbs from Costco for around $45.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:30 PM

Where do you get 11lbs for $55? You have to blow anyone for that deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandurr View Post
Cinnamon roll from MyProtein. Just got 11lbs for 55$ .. Honestly the most delicious protein I've ever had. Their chocolate mint is close 2nd.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:41 AM
PharmaComStore Rep

Check out Titan nutrition. Some of the best out there. I use that, dymatize and eat the bear mostly

Old 02-27-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott311 View Post
Where do you get 11lbs for $55? You have to blow anyone for that deal?
Myprotein.com .. Sign up for their mailing list and they'll send you promo codes if you want to avoid having to blow someone for such a stellar deal.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:47 PM

Dymatize when i was buying protien powder because it wouldnt bloat me pre workout like most powders, now pretty much stick to eggwhites ( egg beaters) for quick protien. Oats,eggwhites and bluberries in a blender with crushed ice... done!
Old 02-27-2018, 10:31 PM

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Testing done by 3rd party. Not everything on the market is listed, but has a good cross section.

Things like Muscle Milk and Syntha 6 are absolute shit and you are better off drinking regular milk instead or drinking "ready to drink" (premade) shakes.

To find out how much protein your body is ACTUALLY able to use from each product serving, take the "protein/serving" and multiply it by "concentration of bound protein". Supplement companies are fucking snakes. You gotta be careful.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:21 AM

E

Last edited by Resilient : 02-28-2018 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast667 View Post
https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Testing done by 3rd party. Not everything on the market is listed, but has a good cross section.

Things like Muscle Milk and Syntha 6 are absolute shit and you are better off drinking regular milk instead or drinking "ready to drink" (premade) shakes.

To find out how much protein your body is ACTUALLY able to use from each product serving, take the "protein/serving" and multiply it by "concentration of bound protein". Supplement companies are fucking snakes. You gotta be careful.
Great info. Thanks... Redrock
Old 03-01-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock View Post
Great info. Thanks... Redrock
No problem.
It can be hard to reach protein goals if you are constantly on the move.
The issue is, a lot of bro's go way overboard on their protein consumption because for a long time, that was just the norm. Complete bro science.... There are multiple study's out there that show any thing more than 1.3-1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass is all you need. No additional muscle growth was realized when going over this amount.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:38 AM

I stick with Ultimate Nutrition, Dymatize, BPI cause it's cheap, and recently Redcon1 iso.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast667 View Post
No problem.
It can be hard to reach protein goals if you are constantly on the move.
The issue is, a lot of bro's go way overboard on their protein consumption because for a long time, that was just the norm. Complete bro science.... There are multiple study's out there that show any thing more than 1.3-1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass is all you need. No additional muscle growth was realized when going over this amount.
I buy into this but also think timing and absorbtion is important, if you were to consume 300g of protien in 3 meals, onviously the body cant assimilate and utilize 100g at once but if you were to split it up over say 10 meals, every 2 hours i believe the body could then utilize it all, based on ones metabolism, any extra will be converted to glucose and stored as glycogen. The body does not need carbs, it can make its own when needed from protien but we onviously wanna get enough carbs to keep glycogen stores full and utilize as much protien as possible, this all gets thrown out the window when taking tren, tren is a miricle compound with partitioning nutrients, eat 1000g of protien and im convinced it gets used, goodluck getting that much protien in 24 hours though, 500g is a stretch

I just read a study on 150 top protien powders and 90% hace lead and other metels/ carcinogens in them, ive been trying to keep protien powder to only when needed like middle of night if hungry

Last edited by DEVLDOG : 03-01-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVLDOG View Post
Dymatize when i was buying protien powder because it wouldnt bloat me pre workout like most powders, now pretty much stick to eggwhites ( egg beaters) for quick protien. Oats,eggwhites and bluberries in a blender with crushed ice... done!
That's what I do. I'll add some peanut butter and a frozen banana. Some ovaltine and then sometimes a scoop of powder. Tastes fantastic and my stomach never bothers me. One of main things that finally got me adding some real weight
Old 03-02-2018, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbreads80 View Post
That's what I do. I'll add some peanut butter and a frozen banana. Some ovaltine and then sometimes a scoop of powder. Tastes fantastic and my stomach never bothers me. One of main things that finally got me adding some real weight
Make sure that peanut butter is organic bro, i was sold on “ natural peanut butter” for years never looking at ingredients, its garbage, has more bad addidtives then anything “ natural” should. Organic peanut butter is simply peanuts and salt, zero additives!
Old 03-02-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Make sure that peanut butter is organic bro, i was sold on “ natural peanut butter” for years never looking at ingredients, its garbage, has more bad addidtives then anything “ natural” should. Organic peanut butter is simply peanuts and salt, zero additives!
Yep it is. I prob should have been more specific. My wife always brings me some from health food store we have here at home
Old 03-07-2018, 07:43 AM

Anyone use casin protein? I used proteins with it as one of the ingredients but not sure if it would be good by itself...Redrock
Old 03-09-2018, 06:22 PM

Casein protein is slower to digest. I used to take it before bed once upon a time. I don't use any protein supps anymore. I made my best gains off of good ole food.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Damn good post here. I like what I'm reading.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:57 PM

Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Protein works great for me.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I buy into this but also think timing and absorbtion is important, if you were to consume 300g of protien in 3 meals, onviously the body cant assimilate and utilize 100g at once but if you were to split it up over say 10 meals, every 2 hours i believe the body could then utilize it all, based on ones metabolism, any extra will be converted to glucose and stored as glycogen. The body does not need carbs, it can make its own when needed from protien but we onviously wanna get enough carbs to keep glycogen stores full and utilize as much protien as possible, this all gets thrown out the window when taking tren, tren is a miricle compound with partitioning nutrients, eat 1000g of protien and im convinced it gets used, goodluck getting that much protien in 24 hours though, 500g is a stretch

I just read a study on 150 top protien powders and 90% hace lead and other metels/ carcinogens in them, ive been trying to keep protien powder to only when needed like middle of night if hungry
Admittedly the study's I'm talking about don't state if any of the case studies were on gear. I'd be interested to see what results a controlled experiment yeilded. I'm gonna try it out next time I run Tren. I'll take in 1.5 g per pound of LBM for 6 weeks and then bump it to 2.5 for 6 weeks. I'll keep my carbs and fats constant throughout.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:06 PM

Dymatize ISO 100.